+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Boris moved to intensive care

Thought it was you who said Exile was an arse licker of mine. Apologies if it wasn't you...

Isn't he ?????

*shocked*

Nah just helps me out at weekends...

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    Isn't he ?????

*shocked*
    Hi Howdy, hope you are keeping well. I haven't read this whole thread but I did pick up the general theme.
    I think the 2 of us disagree on almost all aspects of politics, I think its fair to say that I am in favour of a larger role for government than you would like to see. Does this mean I think any less of you? Not one jot. I have no problem with people who believe in small government, I just don't agree. I am pretty sure however that the current crisis will kick any arguments about the future role of the NHS down the road for at least 20 years and when we do finally get back to some sort of normality, no politician regardless of ideology will advocate anything other than at least a reasonable increase in funding.

Well put Tony and hopefully turns out to be true...

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Thanks for that Cayton...

Another couple of questions for you cayton if you dont mind.

Do you think the govt should value the work the nurse do in hospitals y or n?

if your answer is y

DO you think a 1% pay rise for nurses shows that nurses are valued by the govt bearing in mind the stresses they have?

Again I will not comment on your answers thanks
    1st question Depends how you define value. Are you talking about paying the nurses more? Are you saying making sure they have the equipment? Or are you saying they should clap them on Thursdays? Or is there another value your thinking of? In most jobs a thank you is enough. .
    If you insist on a y/n answer then it's a yes just like the government should value every job and every person in the public should value them as without doctors, nurses, care workers, police, firemen, ambulance drivers (endless list) our country would crumble
    Do you value the government, a simple yes/no will be enough..

2nd question. I'm sure you will have these figures. Torys have been in power for several years as you have mentioned.
    Compared to inflation how much has the wages paid to NHS workers gone up? I'm talking about doctors, nurses, ambulance drivers ect. I'm not picking a argument here, I don't know these figures. If it's close to inflation I would say they have had a fair wage increase over the present Tory government. If it's way lower then they need a better wage. If it's higher then they have had more than most UK workers.

Thanks for your detailed and fair answers Cayton. I think you will find nurses wages are/ were below inflation leveis.
    As regards your question for me. What do you mean by value ?

Just found this admittedly a couple of years old but will give a taster of what nurses up against

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...nt-over-decade

so based on that you have to take account previous years with no wage rises...
    Last edited by rolymiller; 09-04-2020 at 02:43 PM.

How do you value the job Boris government is doing. Do you value the effort he/they putting in? Do you think he/they deserves a pay rise for his effort? Several have caught covid19 due to having to run our country whilst we sit safely at home.
    Check this website out This is from September. Think you are taring Boris government with past Tory government.

https://inews.co.uk/news/health/nhs-...-budget-494582
    Last edited by caytonmiller; 09-04-2020 at 02:54 PM.

If Corbyn had won the election there would be no virus here.

Magic grandpa would have used his magic powers and deflected it to Israel.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    If Corbyn had won the election there would be no virus here.

Magic grandpa would have used his magic powers and deflected it to Israel.
    Silly point from a silly person.

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast