+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- US overtake Italy & China for Coronavirus cases

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    errrrrrr.....fine in the way that this is not a huge "biggie" for them......currently running at 4 deaths per million people ie more people have died at a "spin-the-bottle" party whilst chugging a litre of Pabst Blue Ribbon....that kind of "fine"

I'll let you know if they remotely approach the figures of Italy!
    Don't bother with them Tarks. Little men with little knowledge of the big world. They can't help it ...... poor little boggers.
    Last edited by seriouspie; 16-07-2020 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Don't bother with them Tarks. Little men with little knowledge of the big world. They can't help it ...... poor little boggers.
    "Little knowledge"??? You do realise that the post you quoted suggested that Covid-19 wasn't going to be a big problem in the USA don't you?

Of course you don't. You are probably convinced that both Trump and Boris are doing a "great job" in tackling the virus!

Quote Originally Posted by EwarWooWar View Post
    I didn't say that, Trump hasn't done much about Covid as he has very little authority in this. Yes he is the President but I think you don't know what powers he has and just assume he is just some sort of dictator. It the the Govenors of the individual states that have the power over what the states to, why do you think Trump has been calling for schools to reopen but not ordering them to open, he doesn't have that power.

Just because you think something to be true doesn't make it so. I lived in the states for eight years and during that time I learnt a lot of how their govenment works, it is very different to how most countries work. Most people don't understand what it means by them being a Republic, that's not talking about them having no monarch. Trump is head of the Federal government, nothing else. Each State in the US is in many ways a country. It a head of Government (the Governors) and a Senate of its own.
    If that is so, and I don’t doubt it is, he should not take the stage and claim all the credit when things are tickedy-boo and fiercely deny any responsibility when they ain’t.

You obviously have a knowledge of the workings of the US political system but I wonder if the average American has. Some seem to think the President’s word is law and it’s a thought encouraged by Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartlett's Dust View Post
    Nothing to do with the UK's population?

The US were recording the most cases 3 months ago and they are still reporting the most cases now. A massive failure to manage this was my point.
    Cases per million people - we are beating the USA comprehensively, about 50% more.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

This topic was started way back in March, but it's worth reading the first two or three pages if you've got a few minutes to spare.

Some posters got it wrong in spectacular fashion, with tarquinbeech and Lullapie leading the way.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Let's be straight, Laxative, Trump is now highly unlikely to 'romp' the next election. Did you see Elite's post on the topic?
    I've seen many posts on the topic, Slimey, but unfortunately I haven't memorised the lot. I imagine it impressed you but whatever he said it won't be the definitive post on the subject, as evinced by the 170+ other posts, all of which are just opinions, some agreeing with him, some not.

Now give us your version, not someone else's.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Cases per million people - we are beating the USA comprehensively, about 50% more.

Makes yer proud to be British. "Rule, Brittania! Brittania rule the waves..."

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I've seen many posts on the topic, Slimey, but unfortunately I haven't memorised the lot. I imagine it impressed you but whatever he said it won't be the definitive post on the subject, as evinced by the 170+ other posts, all of which are just opinions, some agreeing with him, some not.

Now give us your version, not someone else's.
    I was referring to what Elite said about latest odds on a Trump victory in the election. It was a non-political post. I just thought you might have seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I was referring to what Elite said about latest odds on a Trump victory in the election. It was a non-political post. I just thought you might have seen it.
    Maybe I had, maybe I hadn't, Elite sends many posts - how am I supposed to know to which you were referring?

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post

The US has twice the UK population and an 8th of the UK population density so can't really compare the two. Our problem is we have too many people on this island!!

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast