+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Barnsley

Quote Originally Posted by Gainsbro_Miller View Post
    What is the basis of their appeal?
    They went into admin and the rules are there.
    Breach the rules and pay the price.
    Can’t see any reason for EFL not to enforce the rules or any reason for appealing against it tbh
    Force Majeure.

I cant see force majeure being a successful defence, but from what I've read their QC has said that the defence is much stronger than relying solely on force majeure (unseen circumstances beyond any parties control). He hasnt said what else their defence will include.

Personally I think overturning the points penalty would set a dangerous precedent as every single club "has a reason" to go into administration. It's not done lightly as it's one step away from liquidation. However, something very, very strange happened at wigan. Theres foul play involved, surely.

It will be very interesting to sit on the sidelines and watch.

The Adminastrator, Gerald Krasner, is bringing the appeal. He's saying the downturn in the global economy caused a drop in income if the owners business was outside their control (force majeure).

The league in defence say they took over during the pandemic and demonstrated they had the funds at the time. In effect they knew of the pandemic before taking over the club.

Krasner is a familiar name. Did he do one of our insolvencies?

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    The Adminastrator, Gerald Krasner, is bringing the appeal. He's saying the downturn in the global economy caused a drop in income if the owners business was outside their control (force majeure).

The league in defence say they took over during the pandemic and demonstrated they had the funds at the time. In effect they knew of the pandemic before taking over the club.

Krasner is a familiar name. Did he do one of our insolvencies?
    The owners of Wigan are, ironically, probably the only owners in the league who cannot claim "unforseen circumstances" They actually bought the club during the lockdown. What didn't they foresee?
    Buying a club and going into admin to wipe the slate clean is not a new tactic. TS did it. We accepted our punishment. I can't say that I like the tactic (even when we do it) Wigan seem to be trying to take it to the next level by bringing the pandemic into it.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    The owners of Wigan are, ironically, probably the only owners in the league who cannot claim "unforseen circumstances" They actually bought the club during the lockdown. What didn't they foresee?
    Buying a club and going into admin to wipe the slate clean is not a new tactic. TS did it. We accepted our punishment. I can't say that I like the tactic (even when we do it) Wigan seem to be trying to take it to the next level by bringing the pandemic into it.
    Its the adminastrator making the claim. They probably think they can get a better price as a Champ club as opposed to L1 club.

Fingers crossed eh lads... I can feel it... the spirit of 1981 is on our side here (we shall not be moved lol).

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Its true, Wigan are about the only club where the new owners can not have Covid as an excuse if they provided proof of funds in order to take over.

On TS, he never took us into administration. He became the new owner after we had already entered it. We did get -17 for the unorthodox way we left administration, though I can't remember the details.

Jeremy Bleazard was the administrator that time.

It was 10 points and then another 17?

And Luton got 30.

Now it seems to be a set 12.

I would still expect Barnsley to come out on the wrong end of this. The rule mentions 'force majeure' and also mentions 'the normal end of the season' which gives a lot of wiggle room. Add to that the fact that the independent commission has undercut the EFL every time on Birmingham, Macclesfield and Bolton and the celebrations at the end of the game were premature to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Its the adminastrator making the claim. They probably think they can get a better price as a Champ club as opposed to L1 club.
    Nail on the head Wan Chai

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Nail on the head Wan Chai
    A price of £8 million has been agreed for the purchase of the Club. The preferred bidders have been asked to show funds to cover 2 seasons wages. This is the reason why players are getting sold left right and centre. Big Kieffer to depart this week for less than what they paid t'barnsley.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast