+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T 48,000 illegal immigrants housed in mainly 4 star UK hotels

Quote Originally Posted by Fensmiller View Post
    That's what the Aussies did. Let the people smugglers and the migrants known that anyone trying to enter the country illegally would be sent back. They even towed the boats back to within 12 miles of the Indonesian coast. It soon stopped when they knew the Aussies meant business.
    As things are at the moment it's in Serco's interest to keep em coming as they're making a mint out of the public purse putting these illegals up in 4 star hotels. There's no profit in dealing with our own rough sleepers and homeless.
    There is no real comparion between the geographical situations of Australia and the UK. If you towed boats to within 12 miles of the French coast they would be 8 miles or so from the UK.

What role does Serco have in the control of perons entering the UK? Are you suggesting that they are into people smuggling?
    Last edited by KerrAvon; 09-08-2020 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    Sorry wendun, somehow you completely failed to address my post. I made no comment about the number of people arriving at Dover, nor the number of deported asylum seekers.

I was simply trying to establish where you get your information from, as you made very specific claims about articles that I cannot find. It's not unreasonable for me to ask. Can you help?
    What I said was that Tony Smith, former head of Immigration Services had said on BBC Radio 4 we were at crisis point. You, you complete pr*ck, claimed this was entirely made up. No doubt as this link was made up?
    https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...-39416626.html

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    There is no real comparion between the geographical situations of Australia and the UK. If you towed boats to within 12 miles of the French coast they would be 8 miles or so from the UK.

What role does Serco have in the control of perons entering the UK? Are you suggesting that they are into people smuggling?
    You really are a windbag, Kerr. At the end of the day there are more important things than your point scoring egotism. Give it a rest.

What a silly reply.

To Wenduns post that is

Quote Originally Posted by Fensmiller View Post
    To Wenduns post that is
    Not sure if you're on my side or Kerr's. Please clarify, Fens.

Sorry wendun, I really mean KerrAvon's reply.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    What I said was that Tony Smith, former head of Immigration Services had said on BBC Radio 4 we were at crisis point. You, you complete pr*ck, claimed this was entirely made up. No doubt as this link was made up?
    https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...-39416626.html
    Erm, no. Here's exactly what you said about Tony Smith:

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    Today, former head of Immigration Services, Tony Smith, tells the BBC "we are at crisis point."
    This contains a very specific quote and a reference to him appearing on the BBC, none of which I could find.

The Belfast Times article does not feature the quote "we are at crisis point" - so this must be somewhere else, or invented - which is it?

Also, the article you've inked doesn't even imply we are at crisis point, it says we need to take steps to avoid getting to Crisis point. Its in the opening sentence: "A failure by the UK to reach a new agreement with France on how to deal with migrant crossings could lead to numbers reaching “crisis” levels, an ex-Border Force chief has warned."

You've also ignored the other article I looked into?

See the problem here? You have very strong views, but what you're saying doesn't add up, and you don't seem to care about facts or integrity of the information you consume as long as something confirms what you already strongly believe. This failing undermines your world view. You either have a distorted perception of reality and you misinterpret and spin articles in your own head (and forget where they came from), or you get your information from dodgy sources and are too trusting of it, or you maliciously make stuff up, or you get weirdly defensive and angry when it would be far easier to find the article you claim to have read.

All I have done is ask simple and fair questions. The fact you've got so aggressive and triggered in your response might be something for you have a think about why you're reacting in that way.

Unless you can provide evidence showing otherwise, your provided quote could well be made up - so can you please explain this rather than just calling me a "complete pr*ck"?
    Last edited by John2; 09-08-2020 at 10:44 PM.

Is it this Tony Smith? He says we are heading for a crisis. I suppose it isn’t saying ‘we are at crisis point‘, so another 10,000 word post coming up folks.

Tony Smith CBE
    @FortinusGlobal
    ·
    Aug 5
    Yes I have. We did it to stop the #migrant crisis of 2002 - 2003, when the numbers were far greater. We fixed that with the bilateral treaty of Le Touquet, which is not contingent on #Brexit. We can do it again now with a new safe 3C agreement to supersede the Dublin Covention.
    Quote Tweet

Leave.EU
    @LeaveEUOfficial
    · Aug 5
    Former Head of UK Border Force Tony Smith has warned we are heading for a crisis in the English Channel if France and the UK fail to come to an agreement on the immediate return of boats.

Let's avoid a total crisis and get this sorted now!
    Last edited by howdydoo; 10-08-2020 at 06:06 AM.

Just a quick question.

Do any of you know anyone that works for Border Control and know why the situation is how it is or are you just going off the reports from the papers?

Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast