+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: £5 to watch us play Mansfield in a friendly this Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Can't see point in playing Jones Clarke S McDonald Proctor. Also playing Robertson at left back. We need a left back, big striker ASAP. Another striker needed, Vassell he's surplus in the championship. Not being negative just stating the obvious
    It's a just a friendly with the aim of getting players fit and up to speed for when it matters. Let's be honest, no matter who we're playing, and if we win, lose or draw, you're going to criticise the team selection and demand Warne changes it for the next game, and then when he doesn't make those exact changes, you'll write everyone in the team off as a 'Warney Boy', because that's what you do.

Dont bite to him if you egnor him he will soon get bored. Did not see the game but a win and clean sheet is good enough for me with players to come back and more new lads to follow

Joe mattocks free kick on twitter

https://twitter.com/officialrufc/sta...185888257?s=21

He was so chuffed with it he asked media to post it for his dad

That was some leap for the 3rd goal! You don't often expect an aerial threat from the smallest player on the field.

Three well taken goals.

Not seen any of the game yesterday but Mattock taking free kicks ect... not when season starts proper. Another thing I don't get Robertson who I rate playing centre back been out injured since bout January this year wouldn't think it would be advisable to have a big bloke like him playing left back. Warney feel he'd sooner Crooks leaves cause he doesn't like making decisions such as who to leave out of the side either Crooks or Wiles can't play them both in midfield in the same side. Need a big forward good enough cause like it or not we're going to play one up front. Got to we haven't got the players to play any other way.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Not seen any of the game yesterday but Mattock taking free kicks ect... not when season starts proper. Another thing I don't get Robertson who I rate playing centre back been out injured since bout January this year wouldn't think it would be advisable to have a big bloke like him playing left back. Warney feel he'd sooner Crooks leaves cause he doesn't like making decisions such as who to leave out of the side either Crooks or Wiles can't play them both in midfield in the same side. Need a big forward good enough cause like it or not we're going to play one up front. Got to we haven't got the players to play any other way.
    You're aware that Mattock scored direct from a perfectly taken free kick? And that he set up the third goal? 😕

Yep. Who would you have taking free kicks then gwru. A goal and an assist from one is pretty good I would say. Agree we need a big c.f.. If smith got injured as wouldn't have a target man. Crookes actually didn't play with wiles in midfield yday because he played the no 10 role but even then he played a lot of games with wiles which we won last season. Some odd views gwru and totally out of step with the majority f posters on here but hey ho

Repeat. Start again. Repeat. Start again. Didn't someone get banned for this?. I guess at least it's in a footy thread so should be greatful.
    Maybe your username should be Da Ja gru

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast