+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Peterhead

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Not controversial, despite not been universally liked by all our support, Utd fans are funny that way but RN was a good Utd manager, previously a good hearts manager and will be again for them

I do now think RN is a pr1ck for abandoning ship forespecially with the legal case going on but I do think we'd be in a better situation with him in charge as the consistency would have been there to build on

In non covid times I was very confident he'd have got us up and improved us (like he already did with hearts) and we'd have hit the ground running in the top flight

We will never know now as covid happened and phucked what would/could have been in all respects even down to the big crowds we'd have had home and away this season, I do feel we've been impacted more than say clubs who were struggling or just mid table.
    Bullsh!t

RN was a sh!te manager, and proved on numerous occasions over the past couple of seasons.
    I like MM, but think he has been misled by performances at the start of the season, coupled with the current Covid situation, means we’ve not had the overhaul we all wanted/needed.
    Regardless, he needs to wake up and realise, that he has to change his selection/tactics to suit some of the sh!t we still have (e.g. Pawlett, Connolly), or start playing other players.

Apparently Hearts were awful today at Cowden. The reporter at the game said no sense of urgency or tempo from Hearts. Sounds familiar?

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    He was also very good beside paton in a top six Utd in the prem.
    Five years ago. You can't keep using this to justify why you think he's good enough now.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Five years ago. You can't keep using this to justify why you think he's good enough now.
    He wasn't even good enough then?!!?......I honestly don't know what Shedka is basing this on,he's usually the go to man for facts and figures but in the few times Butcher played for us in midfield I can't honestly recall him being any good.

Imo we have 8 players good enough to start a first team match in the Premier and one of them hasn't kicked a ball for us yet.

Benji
    L Smith (not yet tested)
    Robson
    Bolton (loan)
    Clark
    Chalmers
    Shankland
    McNulty

Possibles/jury out

Powers
    Sporle
    Edwards
    Fuchs
    Hoti

Scary, but that's how I see where we're at. Some will disagree.

Doesn't excuse not being able to get some football out of the squad in the last 2 games though.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    He wasn't even good enough then?!!?......
    My thoughts also. He was nothing to shout about. I certainly wasn't bothered when he left.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Imo we have 8 players good enough to start a first team match in the Premier and one of them hasn't kicked a ball for us yet.

Benji
    L Smith (not yet tested)
    Robson
    Bolton (loan)
    Clark
    Chalmers
    Shankland
    McNulty

Possibles/jury out

Powers
    Sporle
    Edwards
    Fuchs
    Hoti

Scary, but that's how I see where we're at. Some will disagree.

Doesn't excuse not being able to get some football out of the squad in the last 2 games though.
    Disagree. 😜 I'd add Bolton & possibly Clark to the 'jury's out' list.

We need guys who can up their game, who can give that extra 5/10% from last season and we don't have it. We seem to be stuck at the same level of turgidness as we were last season.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Disagree. 😜 I'd add Bolton & possibly Clark to the 'jury's out' list.

We need guys who can up their game, who can give that extra 5/10% from last season and we don't have it. We seem to be stuck at the same level of turgidness as we were last season.
    Haha aye it's about opinions. That just leaves 6 nailed on good enough to start......🙉

The team picked today should have been good enough to win , a few got a chance today and failed miserably , don't expect to see a lot of them from here on , Mellon has only been here a few months and has given , rightly or wrongly , the team that won the league a chance to stay in the team , he is now finding out that many still have performances like today in them . It will take more than one transfer window to clear out the squad , as for RN , he left he wasn't sacked , my memories of Alloa , Arbroath etc are still clear so anyone suggesting we wish he was still here clearly have very short memories

"Micky Mellon blasts his flops after shocking defeat to League One outfit."

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...-micky-mellon/

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)