+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How to do it.

How to do it.

Not a fan of Leeds United at all, however this was put out today by them.... Class I think, One our club could learn from.

“Leeds have bid a fond farewell to Barry Douglas as he moves to Blackburn Rovers on loan, with director of football Victor Orta penning a heartfelt open letter to the defender.

He writes: "You are the first permanent member of our promotion winning side to leave us and therefore I felt I should write this open letter to express my thanks, but also to ensure the supporters know just how big your impact has been.

"You are clearly a top player and anyone who understands the game can see your quality. Unfortunately things have just not fallen for you in the way they should have done during your time at Leeds United, which can happen in football. A lot of people credit Marcelo with changing the culture of Leeds United since he arrived, which is absolutely true, but you also arrived during the summer of 2018 and I know a lot of people also believe that your arrival at the club sparked a change in the dressing room too.

"... Our head of communications always feeds back to me when players have gone above and beyond in the community and he has constantly informed me how much you have done for people in this city. You care and you are a good person.

"I understand why you are leaving. You are a proper professional and you want to play and I respect that greatly. You leave us as a champion on the pitch and I hope now people understand that you are a champion off the field too. Thank you for everything Barry. I wish you, Debbie, Kaidyn and your soon to be new addition all the luck in the world for the future.

"P.S You still owe me a free kick."

Last thing we did like this was the statement RE Hourihane leaving. It was sad to see him go but I for one wished him well when it became apparent that he'd gone about it in the right way. And now look at the lad, playing in the premier league. Sad that we've lost our way since then!

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Not a fan of Leeds United at all, however this was put out today by them.... Class I think, One our club could learn from.

“Leeds have bid a fond farewell to Barry Douglas as he moves to Blackburn Rovers on loan, with director of football Victor Orta penning a heartfelt open letter to the defender.

He writes: "You are the first permanent member of our promotion winning side to leave us and therefore I felt I should write this open letter to express my thanks, but also to ensure the supporters know just how big your impact has been.

"You are clearly a top player and anyone who understands the game can see your quality. Unfortunately things have just not fallen for you in the way they should have done during your time at Leeds United, which can happen in football. A lot of people credit Marcelo with changing the culture of Leeds United since he arrived, which is absolutely true, but you also arrived during the summer of 2018 and I know a lot of people also believe that your arrival at the club sparked a change in the dressing room too.

"... Our head of communications always feeds back to me when players have gone above and beyond in the community and he has constantly informed me how much you have done for people in this city. You care and you are a good person.

"I understand why you are leaving. You are a proper professional and you want to play and I respect that greatly. You leave us as a champion on the pitch and I hope now people understand that you are a champion off the field too. Thank you for everything Barry. I wish you, Debbie, Kaidyn and your soon to be new addition all the luck in the world for the future.

"P.S You still owe me a free kick."
    Not a fan of Leeds United at all, however this was put out today by them.... Class I think, One our club could learn from. [/quote]

You're right Jules, well said

Thats dead classy.