+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Manchester City v Burnley Match Preview

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    "I would think Robbie Brady and JBG will be out."

I don't this news qualifies as a major surprise does it. Nothing against either of them, they don't get injured on purpose, but it's supposed to be a cash-strapped business we are running, looking to economise where possible, so why do we keep paying these two good money to lie on treatment tables for week after week, month after month, and it's now getting to the stage of year after year.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "I would think Robbie Brady and JBG will be out."

I don't this news qualifies as a major surprise does it. Nothing against either of them, they don't get injured on purpose, but it's supposed to be a cash-strapped business we are running, looking to economise where possible, so why do we keep paying these two good money to lie on treatment tables for week after week, month after month, and it's now getting to the stage of year after year.
    What gets me sinkov, two simpletons like thee and me can see it, but not the Burnley Football Club hierarchy.

Odd.

What I find odd is that Brady spends most of his time on the treatment table, but He always seems fit enough to play 90 minutes for Ireland.

Maybe Man City could loan us a couple of their subs to give them some game time.Sterling & Foden would probably fit in nicely.

Even Stevie Wonder can see we are nowhere near the standard of today’s opponents, and no doubt the media will just keep going on about how great City are.What I can’t grasp, is that after letting in so many goals in recent games with City, hasn’t SD learnt anything at from the previous encounters ? I know he’s limited with what he’s got at his disposal, but surely there must be a way to keep the score down ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    What I find odd is that Brady spends most of his time on the treatment table, but He always seems fit enough to play 90 minutes for Ireland.
    I have mentioned that on more than one previous occasion V_C. Odd is it not?

Yes ur right funny that. His contract is up in summer and I think he will be out of the door. There's plenty I want see kept but not him. He is tying up wage resources better spent on a new winger who might have pace and stay fitter than he does for us!!

Just checked that out VC, this season he's played 275 mins for us and 440 mins for Ireland. Actually I'm surprised, he's got over 700 minutes playing time in so far this season, but most of them for Ireland..

Bad News

Nick Pope is set to miss the Premier League trip to Manchester City on Saturday

He picked up a head injury in the save from Christian Benteke during Monday night's 1-0 win and needed stitches so now looks likely to miss the Etihad clash.

It will lead to a first Premier League start for Bailey Peacock-Farrell, who impressed in the Clarets Carabao Cup defeat to Man City.

Cork Brady and Stephens also miss out.

Take your chance Bailey

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)