+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Club shop

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    What you saying then, if someone has a job paying minimum wage they are entitled to provide poor customer service, or not try too hard to do a good job. At least minimum wage is damn sight better than not having a job at all. I get that this is a challenging time for people but when someone comes to your place of work to spend money that keeps you in a job then the very least you can do is be polite and attentive to their custom, if not then they should get tae phukk find another job or sign on, greetin puss kunts at work are the worst kind who are always complaining even in ‘good times’. Well guess what, as my auld grannies use to say “ when the chips are down, buy fritters”
    It works both ways mate, there are plenty 'greetin puss kunts' who are customers and go out of their way to give staff a hard time. Moaning about a f@cking plastic bag during a global pandemic being the perfect example of that, sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    I got a Chinese from Jade Garden last night and my food was delivered in a shiny new DUFC bag......go figure
    🤣🤣 Quality mate!!

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    It works both ways mate, there are plenty 'greetin puss kunts' who are customers and go out of their way to give staff a hard time. Moaning about a f@cking plastic bag during a global pandemic being the perfect example of that, sigh...
    Agree about it goes both ways, but not regarding the plastic bag when purchasing something out of the United Store, something’s in life you can make exceptions for but not this. How many people on here when giving a United gift, purchased out of the club shop, leave the item in the United carrier bag, I know I do and when I have been lucky enough to receive a gift from the club shop it has always been inside the United carrier bag. It adds to the surprise and delight of the gift. Getting it in a scummy wee see through blue bag would make me think it’s a fake bought oot the barra’s Fae a kiddie fiddler. When I go to my local butcher ffs my purchases are always placed in a carrier bag with his name and logo on it. See through plastic bags, especially phukkin blue ones, I would expect from those manky kunts up the road, not from Dundee United Football Club. Phukk it, I feel a letter to the O’s is in order here.

I know that jjaflup22 has jumped on the carrier bag being trivial aspect of this thread but ahltanyirhide has picked up on the point of this. Customer service... whether the carrier bag, the smile, the “thank you” or even the American type “have a nice day” all leads to a feel good feeling for staff and customers alike. I could have said something to the staff member and probably should have but that might have rubbed us both up the wrong way. MO bought this club with an Americans eye view of giving the fans what they deserve. He has spoken about being able to serve drink at games, brought the ticketing system up to date, made improvements to the ground etc. I’m sure if he went into the shop he would have expected excellent service

Agree about it goes both ways, but not regarding the plastic bag when purchasing something out of the United Store, something’s in life you can make exceptions for but not this. How many people on here when giving a United gift, purchased out of the club shop, leave the item in the United carrier bag, I know I do and when I have been lucky enough to receive a gift from the club shop it has always been inside the United carrier bag. It adds to the surprise and delight of the gift. Getting it in a scummy wee see through blue bag would make me think it’s a fake bought oot the barra’s Fae a kiddie fiddler. When I go to my local butcher ffs my purchases are always placed in a carrier bag with his name and logo on it. See through plastic bags, especially phukkin blue ones, I would expect from those manky kunts up the road, not from Dundee United Football Club. Phukk it, I feel a letter to the O’s is in order here.
    I actually give up, how can you argue with this level of snowflakery. Christ knows what you lot are going to do when plastic bags are banned, which they will be soon?! There'll be a march on parliament... The important things in life...

I'm guessing you haven't been working with the public for the last six months with people shouting abuse at you because you ask them politely to wear a mask, or ask them politely to observe social distancing...
    You'd be guessing right. But I don't think it's too much to ask for courteous service when visiting a shop. If they don't want to be there doing that then they shouldn't be. Sorry, but there is no excuse for poor service, ever. Good manners cost nothing and if they have had to deal with dick customers in the past, two wrongs don't make a right.

I actually give up, how can you argue with this level of snowflakery. Christ knows what you lot are going to do when plastic bags are banned, which they will be soon?! There'll be a march on parliament... The important things in life...
    Snow phukkin flakery? Take a look in the mirror ffs

Dundee United is very important to me and thousands of others, the way the club is perceived is hugely important as it is a business. Businesses work best not just from the top down, but also from the bottom up.
    Last edited by ahlltanyirhide; 06-12-2020 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangerineman View Post
    I know that jjaflup22 has jumped on the carrier bag being trivial aspect of this thread but ahltanyirhide has picked up on the point of this. Customer service... whether the carrier bag, the smile, the “thank you” or even the American type “have a nice day” all leads to a feel good feeling for staff and customers alike. I could have said something to the staff member and probably should have but that might have rubbed us both up the wrong way. MO bought this club with an Americans eye view of giving the fans what they deserve. He has spoken about being able to serve drink at games, brought the ticketing system up to date, made improvements to the ground etc. I’m sure if he went into the shop he would have expected excellent service
    ^^^^ exactly this.

Snow phukkin flakery? Take a look in the mirror ffs

Dundee United is very important to me and thousands of others, the way the club is perceived is hugely important as it is a business. Businesses work best not just from the top down, but also from the bottom up.
    Have to agree with this.Have not been in club shop for a while but any time I was staff have always been great.Really if the staff now don't want to be curtious to the paying customer because someone was nasty to them then it's time they were moved on.I also like getting stuff in branded bags it's all part of the service but can understand that there may be a problem with them getting branded bags at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    You'd be guessing right. But I don't think it's too much to ask for courteous service when visiting a shop. If they don't want to be there doing that then they shouldn't be. Sorry, but there is no excuse for poor service, ever. Good manners cost nothing and if they have had to deal with dick customers in the past, two wrongs don't make a right.
    100% agree......but a plastic bag FFS

Imagine if the FUN shop started giving see through bags with every purchase,what a minter that would be walking up the Provie Rd to your car and folk can see a FUN tap or tracky through the bag.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)