+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vydra

I have said this before that with Vydra on the pitch we play better football, and in the second half today we looked like we wanted to win the game. I would have preferred J-Rod to partner Vydra, but I thought Barnes was OK although he does not seem to be fully fit.

He's a tidy footballer and I think he would make a perfect "Number 10," but I'm not sure SD knows what what one of them is.

With SD it's 4-4-2 or nothing so immediately Wood is fit, Barnes and Wood will get the gig.

I thought he was leaving....and dont know what future he imagines if he stays....a decent offer he'd be gone, things stay as they are, he'd be silly not to, if he's about he football that is.

Quote Originally Posted by CaspertheClaret View Post
    I am seeing people raving all over about him? What am I missing?

He was alright today. His first touch was slightly better than it has been but he never looked like scoring.
    His creation was OK and he can outjump his size to win aeriel challenges outside the box but doesn't do the same in the box.
    When he misses he carries on sitting on his arse looking dejected and exasperated when he should be back up and at em again.

Listen I thought he had a decent game today and really hope he comes good but apart from that superb goal against Southampton last season there has not been a lot else to get all hot and sweaty about.
    He needs game time Casper, 6 or 7 full starts and we would have a real star on our hands but he really does not play or suit "Dycheball".

There is a good footballer there, if given the favouritism others get and Dyche plays him for half a dozen games he'll stop snatching at chances, as others above have said he gives more than our other forwards in that he runs into space, is tricky when dribbling and can spot a good pass as was witnessed yesterday, he makes things happen and makes me sit up when he gets the ball which is more than Barnes, JayRod or Wood do.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    There is a good footballer there, if given the favouritism others get and Dyche plays him for half a dozen games he'll stop snatching at chances, as others above have said he gives more than our other forwards in that he runs into space, is tricky when dribbling and can spot a good pass as was witnessed yesterday, he makes things happen and makes me sit up when he gets the ball which is more than Barnes, JayRod or Wood do.
    Barnes and Wood are just too static and could not overtake a builders wheelbarrow.In the second half yesterday Vydra showed what a number 10 should be.Given game time he would probably get his confidence back.Some creative moves yesterday and he was part of most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Barnes and Wood are just too static and could not overtake a builders wheelbarrow.In the second half yesterday Vydra showed what a number 10 should be.Given game time he would probably get his confidence back.Some creative moves yesterday and he was part of most of them.
    The MoD team were full of praise for him and highlighted his play sequences. I like him.

OK I'll watch and hope with interest.

Honestly looks woeful most of the time with his first touch and scared of failing.

Lets hope a run of games proves me happily wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by CaspertheClaret View Post
    OK I'll watch and hope with interest.

Honestly looks woeful most of the time with his first touch and scared of failing.

Lets hope a run of games proves me happily wrong.
    You stick to making those fabulous Sticky Toffee Puddings Casper, and leave the player analysis to this forum's number one football expert.

I think you are right BT. Alto knows his onions.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)