+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rotherham 3 Derby 3

Rotherham 3 Derby 3

5 years ago today.

Not proud to say I was back in The Cutlers at 3-0.

I had to leave early before half time to return to work. Was listening to radio whilst heading down the M1 and the bad news coming from NYC. A real downer, but then as radio Sheffield signal was breaking up around Nottingham started to get intermittent news about a bit of a hope / recovery. Horrible wait until I got final score, the rest of the usual nightmare journey to work was forgotten.
    Happy days.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    5 years ago today.

Plastic

Happy to say I stayed to the end. Felt like a cup win at the end. “Campy Campy, what’s the score”

We have a habit of putting 3 past Derby. That day was absolutely special. From what looked like an absolute drubbing, we picked ourselves up, put on our gladiator gear and went to war.

Derby fans we very loud and vocal all afternoon but when that 3rd goal went in, you could have heard a church mouse fart in their end.

What Warnock achieved with us that day, will long stay long with me as one of my favourite football memories. Best at his best!

Enjoy.

Apart from Ladapo against Owls other night this was the craziest I have ever celebrated.

Perhaps it was the obvious gulf in class...let us be honest Derby ripped us apart for 80 minutes?

Perhaps it was the vociferous Derby support goading us about how sh*t we were and their treatment of campy?

Perhaps it was scoring 3 in 8 minutes?

Who know....but I lost it.

There is an old lady who sits about 4 rows in front of me...lovely woman pensioner, very elegant, church-goer I think.

All i remember as I celebrated the 3rd goal was seeing her running up and down the steps giving the Derby fans a double v-sign.

The goading outside the ground after was so sweet.

Theres not really many times when I got out of breath celebrating a millers goal but this was one of them...

Remember looking at derby fans when ward scored our first and they was sarcastically cheering our goal....little did they know what was in store ..actually I dont think many in the ground (or cutlers) ever expected that outcome...

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    5 years ago today.

I was out at 3-1, it was 3-3 by the time I got to the car

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Apart from Ladapo against Owls other night this was the craziest I have ever celebrated.

Perhaps it was the obvious gulf in class...let us be honest Derby ripped us apart for 80 minutes?

Perhaps it was the vociferous Derby support goading us about how sh*t we were and their treatment of campy?

Perhaps it was scoring 3 in 8 minutes?

Who know....but I lost it.

There is an old lady who sits about 4 rows in front of me...lovely woman pensioner, very elegant, church-goer I think.

All i remember as I celebrated the 3rd goal was seeing her running up and down the steps giving the Derby fans a double v-sign.

The goading outside the ground after was so sweet.
    Couldn't agree more about going totally crazy celebrating Freddie's winner last week , and still not sure if my neighbours are talking to me yet cos of the decibels the emotion came out in, but yes I too stayed for all the game against Derby and, again, the decibels ramped up a notch for that equaliser that day.
    We obviously celebrate certain goals more vociferous than others, but 2 others that spring to mind for me, are the revs bullet goal at wembley, and an equaliser Tony Towner scored against blades at Millmoor in the season we won the league when Ronnie was playing back in the early 80's UTM

Unbeknown to me my son aged 14 at the time had guessed the password to my William Hill account with the princely sum of £4 in it. He tried to place it all on us to draw just as we scored our 1st missing out on odds of 80 /1 but managed to get 28/1 straight after. Nice surprise for me when I checked my account next day