+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 164 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window (Stephen Glass’ first)

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Maybe he’s got some clever ideas along the community club type lines. Not sure what the deal is at the moment, but maybe kids get a free season ticket with a parent, or more reduced price season tickets for different types of folk. How cheap would you have to make a season ticket for 15,000 people to buy it? I think the reality is that no matter how cheap it is, if the product on the park isn’t worth watching, folk won’t bother. He’s going to have to do something radical (on the park, and in terms of the pricing or something) to get to nearly double what we traditionally sell within a few seasons.
    In fairness to Cormack, he's not short of ideas.

I think that it’s going to be crucial for the Club to try to increase its revenue, whether that be through increased ticket sales, via merchandising or a combination of both. In respect of the latter, it would first of all need to create a proper “day out experience” similar to what they do in rugby, but for that to work effectively we need a much better stadium either through upgrading our existing one or, more realistically, moving elsewhere. It’s also going to be essential to be forward-looking and to try to encourage the next generation and beyond, who will of course be the future of the Club. That, too, will depend on the Club’s ability to deliver that day out experience where it will benefit financially from supporters spending their money on food and drink etc, as well as ticket sales, money that currently goes to businesses outwith the football arena, whether that be the pubs, cafes, corner shop or whatever. With thatincreased revenue will come a greater ability to finance better players and hopefully to compete at the top end of the league. At best, it’s many seasons away, even if the plan works well and I don’t expect miracles overnight by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    I think that it’s going to be crucial for the Club to try to increase its revenue, whether that be through increased ticket sales, via merchandising or a combination of both. In respect of the latter, it would first of all need to create a proper “day out experience” similar to what they do in rugby, but for that to work effectively we need a much better stadium either through upgrading our existing one or, more realistically, moving elsewhere. It’s also going to be essential to be forward-looking and to try to encourage the next generation and beyond, who will of course be the future of the Club. That, too, will depend on the Club’s ability to deliver that day out experience where it will benefit financially from supporters spending their money on food and drink etc, as well as ticket sales, money that currently goes to businesses outwith the football arena, whether that be the pubs, cafes, corner shop or whatever. With thatincreased revenue will come a greater ability to finance better players and hopefully to compete at the top end of the league. At best, it’s many seasons away, even if the plan works well and I don’t expect miracles overnight by any means.
    Maybe not one for next season but if the new stadium at the beach does take off, maybe a preferential seating arrangement or reduced / static prices for existing season ticket holders?

Low income earner season tickets, pricing based on ability to pay given that the real economic impact hasn't reached its zenith yet.
    Last edited by The Red Max; 05-04-2021 at 12:21 PM.

One think I would say after watching Cormack's Q @A was that he was night and day compared to Milne who would never have done such a thing. He had a public profile lower than snake's belly. Boy am I glad to see the back of him. Twenty years wasted in my opinion. At least Cormack has a vision for where he wants the club to be going forward which Milne never did.

Quote Originally Posted by donsviking View Post
    One think I would say after watching Cormack's Q @A was that he was night and day compared to Milne who would never have done such a thing. He had a public profile lower than snake's belly. Boy am I glad to see the back of him. Twenty years wasted in my opinion. At least Cormack has a vision for where he wants the club to be going forward which Milne never did.
    Milne had a very clear vision for us, which was that we should always be subservient to sevco/celtic

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Milne had a very clear vision for us, which was that we should always be subservient to sevco/celtic
    Hiuse builder not wanting to upset majority of his future potential customer base .

Donn't know what software Cormack has been hawking
    , but hardly a market that will affect or influence his thoughts for his football club playrhing ?

So we may just se him standing up to " that sort of thing " !!!

Ryan Gauld is available. He's had a great season but he's also had a terrible loan spell at Hibs a couple of years back.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Ryan Gauld is available. He's had a great season but he's also had a terrible loan spell at Hibs a couple of years back.
    If the deal is right he’d be worth a punt , our new dream team will convert him into the new Maradona .

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    If the deal is right he’d be worth a punt , our new dream team will convert him into the new Maradona .
    I thought he was already the new Messi? Anyway, pure fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I don't think he is.

I think Farense are able to invoke an extension and then sell him for a fee? Could be wrong and it'll be interesting to see what happens. He is wanted by other top flight portugese clubs.
    If he is on a free transfer then it won't be impossible to get him.

Page 8 of 164 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast