+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Hungary v England - Southgate should drop Raheem Sterling

Quote Originally Posted by americanpie View Post
    I fail to understand why some people on here are taking this "off track" by either stating that it is a "ridiculous law,or comparing it with JOB's crowd excursion, or indeed advocating that certain shirt statements are acceptable...others are not.

A law in football is the same as a law elsewhere, and if that law has been broken there should be a punishment
    ....regardless of whether or not someone considers it ridiculous (personal opinion) or not.

I answer Yes to Elite's question.
    Likewise.

Perhaps he should be hung from traitors gate for letting his country down.

Quote Originally Posted by Borg elite View Post
    Perhaps he should be hung from traitors gate for letting his country down.
    Just a little bit OTT!

If he hadn't scored and put a full shift in he wouldn't have had the chance to lift his shirt in front of those cavemen 😁😁😁

Quote Originally Posted by Borg elite View Post
    If he hadn't scored and put a full shift in he wouldn't have had the chance to lift his shirt in front of those cavemen 😁😁😁
    Would it have been a yellow card if he had just pulled his shirt up over his head like lots of players do?

So the message Stirling had was in remembrance of a friend that sadly passed away last week aged 26. What a selfish prick Stirling is.
    Sorry but people like EP with there fcuking wooden spoons **** stirring can **** off and do one.
    In the context of life in general a ****ing booking is nothing. But I suppose some things ARE more important than football.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    So the message Stirling had was in remembrance of a friend that sadly passed away last week aged 26. What a selfish prick Stirling is.
    Sorry but people like EP with there fcuking wooden spoons **** stirring can **** off and do one.
    In the context of life in general a ****ing booking is nothing. But I suppose some things ARE more important than football.
    That's a pathetic reply. You are far from the only one, but you have completely missed the point of what this thread was meant to be about. Maybe I didn't explain it well in the original post, but I think I've more than explained it since. It's not about who has died and how they should be remembered, it's not about being worse than monkey chants and racial abuse, it's not about the importance of the game, and it has nothing to do with the message on the shirt whatever that may be.

Whether or not you think the law about removing shirts is wrong, it clearly states that "As of 2004, this is considered Excessive Celebration per FIFA's Laws of the game, and results in a yellow card". I was simply asking whether a player deliberately accepting a yellow card to display a personal message is acceptable given the possible ramifications to the team. If you can explain to me why you think it is acceptable, I am willing to listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    That's a pathetic reply. You are far from the only one, but you have completely missed the point of what this thread was meant to be about. Maybe I didn't explain it well in the original post, but I think I've more than explained it since. It's not about who has died and how they should be remembered, it's not about being worse than monkey chants and racial abuse, it's not about the importance of the game, and it has nothing to do with the message on the shirt whatever that may be.

Whether or not you think the law about removing shirts is wrong, it clearly states that "As of 2004, this is considered Excessive Celebration per FIFA's Laws of the game, and results in a yellow card". I was simply asking whether a player deliberately accepting a yellow card to display a personal message is acceptable given the possible ramifications to the team. If you can explain to me why you think it is acceptable, I am willing to listen.
    Because certain things are more important than football. The fact you put football rules ahead of anything that is morally important to an individual says all I need to know about you. As previously stated, certain things are more important than football.

Well I'm certainly confused and happy to admit it. He committed a footballing offence which warranted a footballing punishment. The punishment was a yellow card which he correctly received by the letter of the law.

That's it for me , end of story.

Why should he be dropped for picking up a yellow card, because it was premeditated but only if he scored a goal?

Does anyone think dropping him for a game is fitting for picking up a yellow card for such an action? I'd say the on-field punishment more than suffices.

Is Sterling's yellow card for removing his shirt and displaying a message making the news outside of this message board. I've had a quick look on the interweb and can't see anything. Certainly no calls to 'drop him' or for the manager to stamp this sort of thing out.

To me it's a non-story and looks like storm in an (NCM) teacup but clearly has annoyed a few on here so worthy of debate

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post

Out of interest, if Cal Roberts scores a brilliant 93rd minute winner tomorrow and then takes his shirt off to reveal a personal message, would you start a new thread demanding that Burchnall takes action against him?

Or would you, like the vast majority of us, not really give a sh!t?

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast