+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Stockport date change

Just seen a photo of a ticket on FB with Fridays date on.

No idea why it’s such a secret from the club. Maybe we don’t want Stockport to find out and we get awarded the win when they turn up a day late.

MillerBill .Why would the shop give me fake news ??
    Last edited by bobh1956; 19-11-2021 at 12:37 PM.

Yes just seen it.Just cannot understand why we are playing Friday night.South Yorkshire Police should explain why they have demanded we play then and not Saturday afternoon.It does not make any sense and will be a lossmaker for the club.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    Yes just seen it.Just cannot understand why we are playing Friday night.South Yorkshire Police should explain why they have demanded we play then and not Saturday afternoon.It does not make any sense and will be a lossmaker for the club.

You could always contact this man to ask why?

https://southyorkshire-pcc.gov.uk/

Don't hold your breath

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    You could always contact this man to ask why?

https://southyorkshire-pcc.gov.uk/

Don't hold your breath
    I have done.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I went to the Red and White shop to get my ticket this morning and that was the first time I knew the date had been changed.
    I asked if it was going to be on TV and the lady said it wasn't, it was purely down to the police who said they needed extra numbers for this game and they wouldn't be available on Saturday.
    Seems a bit strange to me because I can't see the crowd being particularly big although Stockport were probably expected to bring more supporters than Bromley did. Not sure this will be the case now it's been switched to Friday night ☹
    Why where they going on Saturday?
    Donny or Barnsley?

Load of balls imo, always an excuse

Maybe going to Christmas markets I suppose they could arrest the pick pockets
    Last edited by millertop; 19-11-2021 at 02:20 PM.

Come on guys give SY,s finest some slack here.
    They are using up a lot of resources on a PR offensive after there have been credible claims that the grooming scandal is still happening.
    Apparently they,ve got a spokesperson to rebuff such claims and they've made some arrests so that's all our children can hope for really.

I thought policing was also about prevention but not so with this elite force
    Can't expect them to control a few away fans on their doorstep with all that going on
    Last edited by flourbasher; 19-11-2021 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Come on guys give SY,s finest some slack here.
    They are using up a lot of resources on a PR offensive after there have been credible claims that the grooming scandal is still happening.
    Apparently they,ve got a spokesperson to rebuff such claims and they've made some arrests so that's all our children can hope for really.

I thought policing was also about prevention but not so with this elite force
    Can't expect them to control a few away fans on their doorstep with all that going on

Which they don't do anyway, they just stand there looking like out of work Darth Vader Stormtroopers. All geared up but they leave the work to the minimum pay private cpmpany stewards.

What is even more interesting is why it took over a week to move this. The draw was made on Monday the 8th but the decision made on Thursday the 18th? SYP knew the proposed date of the fixture plus other fixtures that were scheduled that day and whatever other events they had on that day (Chief Inspector's tea party...etc.). They also knew our opponents would be either Stockport or Bolton and anticipation would be that if anything a L1 team would bring more potential 'trouble' than a non-league team. All I can say is it's a good job me, Sota and CT hadn't made travel plans for a Saturday game!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast