+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 146 of 366 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196246 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 3653

Thread: O/T:- Impressed with the leadership

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Haha. That reminds me of the time someone said Donald Trump would sue me because I called him s E x case.

I think Andrew Windsor’s lawyers (paid for by her Maj)are quite busy at the moment.

Out of interest do you think he should go to the US and answer the allegations made against him?
    Personally I think he should - he should have also said that he did remember the girl in question and that as far as he understood, she was of a legal age for ***.

How long has *** been a dirty word?

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I think you are misunderstanding my post, I am not defending Boris or the Tories they are useless but to win by a landslide proves that the opposition at the last election were pathetic.
    At this moment in time Labour or even the lib dems don't really have to do anything, just let the Tories stumble from one cock up to the next.
    The recent railway u-turn will lose Boris lots of the gains he made in the North of England last time at the next election.
    Sorry - yes, I see your point now.

I still think that no matter how strong the opposition, BJ would act no differently.

I also agree that the last election was won based on 'Get Brexit done', nothing more and nothing less.

BJ is too much 'say what the people want to hear' whether it's true or not. I suppose it proves the point that we are living in a post-truth society.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    I think you're mistaken if you think the last election was about any sort of policies other than Brexit.
    The media and social media did a fantastic demolition job on Corbyn and the rest was about Brexit. Hiding in a fridge, constantly telling lies and denying there would ever be a border between N Ireland and the EU all ignored then the public get what the public want.Simple 3 word slogans and I'm all yours Boris.
    So you think Jeremy Corbyn had nothing to do with Labour losing the election. Even his own politicians didn't want him. Only 31 of them endorsed him to stand for the leadership until the 11th hour when Margaret Becket in her infinite wisdom put his name forward to make it 32 the req'd number. Something she has said since she deeply regretted, it set the Labour party back years.
    Yes brexit played a part but 16 + million people voted against brexit so a good majority of them still voted tory.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Personally I think he should - he should have also said that he did remember the girl in question and that as far as he understood, she was of a legal age for ***.
    I agree with the first bit of your comment. The second bit could well be his defence, but whether it’s true or not I suppose we’ll never know..

So you think Jeremy Corbyn had nothing to do with Labour losing the election. Even his own politicians didn't want him. Only 31 of them endorsed him to stand for the leadership until the 11th hour when Margaret Becket in her infinite wisdom put his name forward to make it 32 the req'd number. Something she has said since she deeply regretted, it set the Labour party back years.
    Yes brexit played a part but 16 + million people voted against brexit so a good majority of them still voted tory.
    Admittedly I wasnt a fan of Corbyn but as a person he was miles ahead of Boris for integrity.His policies were good enough but He was destroyed by the press and if people cant see beyond their own nose we get the leader we deserve.
    Yes probably Tory voters voted tory aswell as those that bought into the levelling up lies.
    Has anyone heard about anti semitism lately or has it suddenly become irrelevant to all and sundry?

I think you are misunderstanding my post, I am not defending Boris or the Tories they are useless but to win by a landslide proves that the opposition at the last election were pathetic.
    Yes, Labour at the last election were pathetic. But so were the Tories, where a serial liar who simply repeated "let's get Brexit done" seemed to appeal to many. We live in a democracy, so we have to abide by what the electorate decided. Too many see it as a choice between one or the other, but it doesn't have to be like that. Sadly, my vote at the last election went to the party most likely to keep the Tory candidate out rather than a party I supported. I didn't have faith in any of them, but I was convinced that giving Boris Johnson a big majority would be a disaster for the country. Nothing that has happened since has changed my mind in the slightest.

At this moment in time Labour or even the lib dems don't really have to do anything, just let the Tories stumble from one cock up to the next.
    The recent railway u-turn will lose Boris lots of the gains he made in the North of England last time at the next election.
    Abandoning the triple lock on Old Age Pensions will lose him a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Admittedly I wasnt a fan of Corbyn but as a person he was miles ahead of Boris for integrity.His policies were good enough but He was destroyed by the press and if people cant see beyond their own nose we get the leader we deserve.
    Yes probably Tory voters voted tory aswell as those that bought into the levelling up lies.
    Has anyone heard about anti semitism lately or has it suddenly become irrelevant to all and sundry?
    Integrity?? he might have been ahead of Boris but this is the man who as slated off the EU all is political life and wanted out but didn't have the guts to say so at the time.
    Do you think people who are are anti semitic have changed their views just because they have a new leader. Do you think racists change their views because it is against the law. They just keep quiet. Only a Jewish person can answer your question if it's gone away or not.
    Last edited by i961pie; 19-11-2021 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Yes, Labour at the last election were pathetic. But so were the Tories, where a serial liar who simply repeated "let's get Brexit done" seemed to appeal to many. We live in a democracy, so we have to abide by what the electorate decided. Too many see it as a choice between one or the other, but it doesn't have to be like that. Sadly, my vote at the last election went to the party most likely to keep the Tory candidate out rather than a party I supported. I didn't have faith in any of them, but I was convinced that giving Boris Johnson a big majority would be a disaster for the country. Nothing that has happened since has changed my mind in the slightest.
    I agree, and that is why I am sorry to say for the first time in over 50 years I didn't vote. The previous election I did the same as you and voted for Alex Norris the local labour candidate who became Mr Invisible. Not a patch on his predecessor Graham Allen who ran local surgeries on a regular basis and was available to help you if he could.
    My original point was Johnson and the Tories were cr@p yet still won easily which shows how bad the opposition were.
    Last edited by i961pie; 19-11-2021 at 11:27 PM.

Page 146 of 366 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196246 ... LastLast