+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread: Serious val question

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    In answer to the Barnsley sage and font of all knowledge.

This fool of a manager is a massive part of the problem, he’s got one plan and it’s a s h I t one at that given the players we have in our squad.

He’s more suited to a small club with expectations of no better than clinging on in the Championship.......he’s having a damned good stab at turning us into just that!

You’re welcome to him back......I’ll carry him up the M1 on my back if I have to.

His arrogance in sticking with this one putrid style where we can’t string two or three passes together is breathtaking.

He’s not for us.
    Expectations that hauled 78 championship points at Oakwell that at this moment in time you'll not get anywhere near .

You try and win 9 consecutive games in the championship like Val did last season .

You couldn't put three wins together if the truth be told .

You couldn't even beat us .

He's inherited a shyte show and not many are prepared to give him the time he needs to sort it out .

Expectations hmm , I was fecking gutted we fell just short last season and not glad we'd the opportunity .

This small club of ours as seen PL football , came within a game of seeing it again in 2000 and two games last season .

We were also in the last four of the FA cup the last time you were .

You haven't beaten us at Oakwell since the 1930's and the only major trophy we've won was against Albion .

Get over yourself fella .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Expectations that hauled 78 championship points at Oakwell that at this moment in time you'll not get anywhere near .

You try and win 9 consecutive games in the championship like Val did last season .

You couldn't put three wins together if the truth be told .

You couldn't even beat us .

He's inherited a shyte show and not many are prepared to give him the time he needs to sort it out .

Expectations hmm , I was fecking gutted we fell just short last season and not glad we'd the opportunity .

This small club of ours as seen PL football , came within a game of seeing it again in 2000 and two games last season .

We were also in the last four of the FA cup the last time you were .

You haven't beaten us at Oakwell since the 1930's and the only major trophy we've won was against Albion .

Get over yourself fella .

Nothing to “get over” as it happens....fella.

You’ve played one top flight season since god was wearing shorts......it’s you that’s bigging yourself up over a couple of almost near misses and a cup semi final in a year when the big clubs all knocked themselves out.

Your a small club, some managers can only do it when there’s low expectations, like Alan Buckley and Dario Gradi, it’s always best to know your limitations in life life Dirty Harry suggested.

We aren’t a big club, we’re a medium sized club with a strong history but we’ve generally always tried to play football, not this s h y t e that Val tries to impose.

Four managers have tried this garbage in our last 50 years and all 4 got ridden out of town, Don Howe, Bobby Gould, Tony Pullis and now Val.

We expect to see our players at least try to pass 4 or 5 yards to each other regardless of ability, we will not stand for the ball being lumped aimlessly forward to nobody in particular.

He’ll probably return to you lot and save you.

This isn’t personal but I’m sick of hearing how f u c k I n g brilliant he is Animal, I’ve got mates of 40-60 years of support who are walking out at half time or just refusing to attend this rubbish.

Worst garbage at our place since 1992 under Bobby Gould.

He’s had 7-8 months to mould them into his “style” and he can’t do it.

He’s got to go.

You’ve played one top flight season since god was wearing shorts......it’s you that’s bigging yourself up over a couple of almost near misses and a cup semi final in a year when the big clubs all knocked themselves out.

Your a small club, some managers can only do it when there’s low expectations, like Alan Buckley and Dario Gradi, it’s always best to know your limitations in life life Dirty Harry suggested.

We aren’t a big club, we’re a medium sized club with a strong history but we’ve generally always tried to play football, not this s h y t e that Val tries to impose.

Four managers have tried this garbage in our last 50 years and all 4 got ridden out of town, Don Howe, Bobby Gould, Tony Pullis and now Val.

We expect to see our players at least try to pass 4 or 5 yards to each other regardless of ability, we will not stand for the ball being lumped aimlessly forward to nobody in particular.

This isn’t personal but I’m sick of hearing how f u c k I n g brilliant he is Animal, I’ve got mates of 40-60 years of support who are walking out at half time or just refusing to attend this rubbish.

He’s got to go.
    Got to say. Effing superb post sir.

He’s got to go.
    I'm pretty comfortable in what we are but what you are today is the question .

Because you aren't walking away with the league its down to Val that's about the strength of it .

Val had the strength of conviction to take it on when significant others chose Boro instead or stayed at Lincoln .

You should be grateful he even took it on .

Give him four transfer windows or the length of his contract and judge him then would be my advice .

But as ever you want the simple fix which more often than not isn't the fix .

What do I care ? , well actually I do because I've enormous respect for Val and the season he gave us last season means something to me .

He's as good un .

Normally speaking I'd have hoped he'd lose every game and Mowatt would be a massive fail .

Truth is I don't because of what they gave to my club .

Red or Blue Pill ?

The terms "red pill" and "blue pill" refer to a choice between the willingness to learn a potentially unsettling or life-changing truth by taking the red pill or remaining in contented ignorance with the blue pill. The terms refer to a scene in the 1999 film The Matrix

Because you aren't walking away with the league its down to Val that's about the strength of it .

Val had the strength of conviction to take it on when significant others chose Boro instead or stayed at Lincoln .

Give him four transfer windows or the length of his contract and judge him then would be my advice .

What do I care ? , well actually I do because I've enormous respect for Val and the season he gave us last season means something to me .

He's as good un .

Normally speaking I'd have hoped he'd lose every game and Mowatt would be a massive fail .

You make some fair points; the biggest mistake that Val made was to accept the WBA job in the first place. He was doing very well at your place, he should have stayed. Our problems go way beyond the manager and players; the ownership and overall management of the club is rotten and our fans should be turning their ire against Lai and his lackeys.

FOL

Of course Lai and his henchmen have been disasterous for our club but that still doesn't alter the fact that the football served up under Ismael is sheer and utter dross. How anybody cannot see that is beyond me. Lai doesn't decide how we play, Ismael does? I want to see us try and play a decent style of football and if we win, great, but if we aren't good enough to win at least we can go down trying. What hope have we got of improvement with Ismael's tactics? Absolutely none!

He's as good un .

Oh come on pal. This is a damn site worse than us just not running away with the league. 8 games out of the last 12 we've not even scored! We've had strikers in the past that haven't had that kind of run. We don't have a great side but it's certainly not as bad as Val's made it.

And we keep hearing about waiting for transfer windows but most signings under Val have flopped. Mowatt hasn't pulled up a performance for about the last 10 games!

Val did well with you but you must see that some managers have a level, he's not at ours. We'd kill for Roy Hodgson to come back but he was dismal at Liverpool, it's the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by baggiematt View Post

Oh come on pal. This is a damn site worse than us just not running away with the league. 8 games out of the last 12 we've not even scored! We've had strikers in the past that haven't had that kind of run. We don't have a great side but it's certainly not as bad as Val's made it.

And we keep hearing about waiting for transfer windows but most signings under Val have flopped. Mowatt hasn't pulled up a performance for about the last 10 games!

Val did well with you but you must see that some managers have a level, he's not at ours. We'd kill for Roy Hodgson to come back but he was dismal at Liverpool, it's the way it is.
    Spot on post! 🤩

I dont think Val suddenly became a bad manager but its just not working for him at West Brom. Its like Roy Hodgson at Liverpool - the wrong man for the job but that doesnt mean Roy was a useless manager. Even Brian Clough failed at Brighton and then at Leeds so i am not going to be hard on Val. But its just not working. if i have to watch many more games like i have watched in the last two months, i am going to wonder what Val has to do to get fired.

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)