+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Kibbutz

"We have the lowest pension per head in Europe, wait the longest to get it and still the Tories want to extend the pensionable age."

This is hardly surprising, we're not comparing like with like. Healthcare in UK is paid for by the government out of general taxation, currently around £136 billion per year. In Europe there is no NHS, each individual has to fund their own healthcare, it is not charged to their governments, so they can afford to pay higher pensions. Remove the £136 billion NHS charge on the UK government's coffers and they could afford to pay a higher pension. But while the UK government has to fund healthcare, it isn't possible to make a sensible comparison.

"not everyone is lucky enough to have Public Superannuated Pensions mon ami"

They don't come cheap, and certainly not free. I paid 7% of my wage every week for 28 years to get my Public Superannuated Pension, god knows how much in total that was, but I'm glad I have the State Pension as well, I would struggle to live off my Fire Brigade Pension alone. I suppose I am lucky in that I've survived long enough to maybe be in profit with it now, a mate of mine paid in longer than me and died two years after retiring, it was the Government that got lucky in his case.

"My mate's daughter had to go home to Bristol from Leeds on Friday, because her mum was poorly - return ticket bought at short notice including discounts £138.00. That is unsustainable mon ami"

Railways are not a particularly economic form of transport BT, never have been since the very earliest days. Many companies need government subsidies to survive, they could cut fares, but this would mean they'd have to cut wages as well, would you deny the working railwayman or woman a living wage ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "My mate's daughter had to go home to Bristol from Leeds on Friday, because her mum was poorly - return ticket bought at short notice including discounts £138.00. That is unsustainable mon ami"

Railways are not a particularly economic form of transport BT, never have been since the very earliest days. Many companies need government subsidies to survive, they could cut fares, but this would mean they'd have to cut wages as well, would you deny the working railwayman or woman a living wage ?
    Me and the wife have travelled the length and breath of Germany on Die Bahn sinkov, the rolling stock is fabulous, the trains are almost always on time and the staff wages are high. Our problem is Thatcher privatised the $hit out of our railways and it's only the French and Germans who get any sort of benefit from our trains.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Our problem is Thatcher privatised the $hit out of our railways
    Oh dear BT, you really must try to overcome your obsession with St Margaret. The railways were nationalised under the Railways Act 1993, the process was completed in 1997, St Margaret was no longer PM by the end of 1990 and had left the Commons by the end of 1992. It's often said she privatised everything, except the Railways, but Lefties never let the truth get in the way of a good story do they.

I can remember one Labour Party Conference, possibly 1993, Two Jags was Shadow Transport Secretary, and he promised, to great roars of approval from the floor, that when Labour came to power, they would renationalise the railways. Labour duly came to power, but of course they never did re-nationalise the railways did they.

Lefties eh, whether it's St Margaret or nationalising railways, you can never believe a word they say. I think they operate on that old principal of yours BT, repeat a lie often enough and people will come to believe it's the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I think they operate on that old principal of yours BT, repeat a lie often enough and people will come to believe it's the truth.
    BJ has taken that to new heights.

I hated Thatcher but at least she was honest and engendered a certain amount of admiration for her determination. Johnson is despicable and I suspect even Thatcher would have not tolerated him and those that do are as bad as him. The sleazebags are just hovering to see which way the wind blows before ditching him.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    BJ has taken that to new heights.
    I don't know Chris, I don't think there's any deliberate attempt to mislead by Boris, lies, truth, what are they to Boris, they're both the same to him, he just says the first thing that comes into his head and then blags it.

Yesterday , I went to a town about 1 mile from the Gaza strip club. (S'derot) I did not want to say before hand, cause BT would ( i am sure have rug up his mates there, saying, for his birthday to his friend out here, ''set a few buggers off'' (rockets!). We have in our Kibbutz a cardboard factory, IMA. Plus our Kibbutz own factory's in S'derot and Revivim (a kibbutz in the Negev)

I.M.A was established in 1963 at Kibbutz Ein Hamifratz, which is located in northern Israel. Since then, I.M.A. has developed from a small workshop, into a leading corrugated cardboard manufacturer in Israel, producing in excess of 80,000 tons. Holding approximately twenty-five percent of the Israeli corrugated cardboard market, I.M.A. is listed among the 150 largest industries in Israel, employing over 270 workers from the kibbutz and surrounding towns
    We also own other plants in the south Revivim and S'derot.
    Sderot is 1 mile from the Gaza strip.
    I took only my cell phone ,also the day was cloudy grey sky's ,a little disappointing

In the area around that border near a bust stop there are small air raid shelters

photo upload in public

When rockets are fired the people of S'derot, after hearing an air raid siren, have 11 secs to find a shelter before a rocket lands

It must be like living in the UK being in Israel Balan? One rule for the ruling classes and another for the subjugated peasants...

This is an aerial photo of Qalqiliyaa, where 100,000 Palestinians live surrounded by the Israeli separation wall from three sides.
    The fourth side is controlled by a gate that can be closed by an IDF soldier, on a whim at any time...

Attachment 21009

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)