+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: It had to happen one day.

It had to happen one day.

Clitheroe 2-0 down at Rammy get a free-kick on the half way line towards the left hand touchline. The big lads lumber up into the Rammy box and our international keeper Lee Camp trots up to take it. It floats into the box, a Rammy defender heads it out to their left wing and their number 10, who is quite rapid, is onto it and over the halfway line in a flash, with our centre-half trailing vainly in his wake. Lee, who has been ambling back, suddenly senses the danger and scrambles across his box as fast as he can, but the Rammy lad has seen Lee is struggling to get back in time and curls it beautifully round him and into the rapidly diminishing gap from fully 30 yards out.

I've always thought this was likely to happen one day, but I don't recall ever seeing it before, although it must have happened somewhere before. Why take the risk, any player can dump a free kick from the half way line into the penalty area, why does a keeper have to do it, and leave himself exposed ? In the end it made no difference, we were well beaten at the time and unlikely to get back into it.
    Last edited by sinkov; 15-02-2022 at 03:52 PM.

Lee Camp turned out to be a truly great bit of recruitment eh sinkov?

Actually we've got a bargain mon ami, he wanted £400 a game, but we talked him down to £200. Mr Pace, eat your heart out.

It had to happen one day. Brenda forks out £12 million to pay off someone her son Andrew allegedly never met.

I've definitely never met him, what sum do you think is reasonable to sue for?

Brenda hasn't forked out anything, it's taxpayers like me and you footing the bill, thought you'd know that mon ami.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    It had to happen one day. Brenda forks out £12 million to pay off someone her son Andrew allegedly never met.

I've definitely never met him, what sum do you think is reasonable to sue for?
    You’ve done a great cash builder BT but it will only be £1 if you take a further step away from the Chaser. Take a step closer to the Chaser and they will offer you the Moon on a stick but only if you have the photograph.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Brenda hasn't forked out anything, it's taxpayers like me and you footing the bill, thought you'd know that mon ami.
    It was alleged this morning Brenda draws a tidy little cash cow from the Duchy of Lancaster treasure chest of about £20 million plus per annum.

Seeing that she is now 95, that £12 million she has just stumped up is a drop in the ocean.

Seeing that she is now 95, that £12 million she has just stumped up is a drop in the ocean.
    Exactly, so what's all the fuss about ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Exactly, so what's all the fuss about ?
    The fuss mon ami is about giving an alleged wronged bird £12 million for allegedly never meeting her.

It's obvious Randy Andy is lying through his teeth, hence the Royal Family have succumbed to blackmail & extortion.

It does not rest easy with me sinkov.

I suppose we have got the Royal Family we deserve.

I still have no idea what the point of having them is all about.

Attachment 21097

The fuss mon ami is about giving an alleged wronged bird £12 million for allegedly never meeting her.

It's obvious Randy Andy is lying through his teeth, hence the Royal Family have succumbed to blackmail & extortion.

It does not rest easy with me sinkov.

I suppose we have got the Royal Family we deserve.

I still have no idea what the point of having them is all about.

Attachment 21097
    Just the way it goes BT, rich and powerful people are open to blackmail by gold-diggers, that's what this case is all about, the diggers know no one is going to trust a US court to dispense justice, so they have them by the short and curlies. I believe it's not the first time this lady has had to be bought off. Always surprises me how many women don't realise they're sat on a goldmine. But that's probably just as well for us men.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)