+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Derby Match Thread

Had more than enough chances to win that game. However they were in it also.

Overall, a draw in the last derby was probably about right.

Look forward to some pictures of the display, looked great. FTD.

Disappointed to not win from 2-0 but looking at their first goal (missed it at the time) it's poor from Benji really, didn't allow ourselves any time to settle after going 2-0 up, had we done then we run out comfortably winning in the end

Thought after going 2-2 it was such a quick turnaround that could easily have saw them go onto win, the response from us was actually decent and McNulty should score (again!!) , its that simple

I was hoping for a sub or two but tbh we weren't doing badly so I can see why he didn't as we were creating chances

Some silly boos at the end was needless and a couple fans giving the finger to the manager and players was a bit bizarre, we have a few embarrassing clowns in our support at times

While I understand the funsters being over the moon getting back level, they had half an hour to go and grab the win they needed to really put pressure on and close the gap (and brash the Tannadice duct) so found it odd they were celebrating the draw at full time as they needed the win more than us in the end

All in all bittersweet, was all set up for us to win but let them back in right away but then responded and should still have won, we got enough to secure top six so 6th is the worst case finish now which is progress and we remain in 4th,a point isn't really enough fur the fun at this stage either but they aren't down just yet

Losing two goals like we did was disappointing
    A point to move us slightly clearer but we ground out another result which looking back through the season this has been a regular occurrence
    Let’s give the team a wee break wit semi-finals next week and the concentrate for the biggest five games of the season and claim that 4 spot
    With players on the bench which can change our shape and style going to be an exciting few weeks ahead

I thought it was a brutal game of something nearly resembling a game of football.If all 5 of our games were away post split i would not be bothered.I have honestly had enough of the shyte being served up and i really struggle to drag myself along to Tannadice these days.

I'm fully expecting a bit of flak for this 100% sober post but watching shyte football is a soul destroying experience and by phuck we have had to endure it for years and years.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I thought it was a brutal game of something nearly resembling a game of football.If all 5 of our games were away post split i would not be bothered.I have honestly had enough of the shyte being served up and i really struggle to drag myself along to Tannadice these days.

I'm fully expecting a bit of flak for this 100% sober post but watching shyte football is a soul destroying experience and by phuck we have had to endure it for years and years.
    While I dont think the footie was that bad, i dont see why anyone could disagree anything else in that post?

No flack, just a different opinion, that wasn't even a bad game imo, especially second half, some good moves but poor finishing, seen much worse

We definitely missed Butch and even Harkes

Disagree about years as the standard of us now compared to when we really were a shambles pre Ogren when we were all so from the prem never mind top six of was sickening and the fun were in the prem with a much stronger team than us around 2017/2018

I feared for our future... We've come along way, I do feel a bit sorry that all our fans can't enjoy or appreciate where we are now as a club, with a decent hardworking set of players giving their all for us and really who is playing all this entertaining football in the other games, I'm missing it on sportscene, obviously we are a work in progress, we will build again in summer and it's not like we cannot improve for next season in the areas needed, also TC will have learned a lot too

I say roll on the battle for Europe, if we somehow get that, fantastic

Disappointed not to win after being 2 up but its a derby, form goes out the window, anything can happen and it did. If we could finish our dinner that game would've ended 5-2 as we missed three sitters towards the end.

We finish at the split fourth and with a genuine chance at Europe. That's remarkable given where we were two years ago and the fact we still have players in this team who were with us two years ago along with, of course, McNulty. Looking forward to the next five games and the fight for European football.

we have a real chance of 4th now. RC and well are beatable and hearts have 3rd sorted there may be points available - also we like a wee piss rangers off type game too. Game was good Dundee needed to go for it and fair enough. Imin the bronx now at yankees Red Sox game. I will never slag off football again as this is rounders with hot dogs and beer. So 2 out of 3 been good so far - although I seem have a home run ball that folk are offering hundreds of dollars for Anyway Top Six and 4th just now. With 9 men much of season. Wow

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post

Actually I get where your coming from, I think its a culminative affect of 5-6 years of dire football, plus when you see the team sheet you know what is getting served up before the game has started, because you know their limitation, especially in the final third going forward. There is probably a few fans of teams saying much the same. I think the three derby matches this years have been amongst the worst standard I've seen - inability to pass, terrible misses, and poor goalkeeping which has contributed to what goals there has been.

5-6 years of really poor stuff at times. But progress beyond the performances. Something is going right. For Tams first season beyond my expectations mate. Keep the kids coming through though.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)