+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruaidhri Higgins doesn't want the job.

Ruaidhri Higgins doesn't want the job.

"Derry City manager Ruaidhri Higgins turns down talks with Notts County
    Ruaidhri Higgins has got plenty of praise for the job he is doing at Derry City. Image credit: Sportsfile.

Daniel McDonnell

June 01 2022 08:01 AM

Derry City boss Ruaidhri Higgins has turned down the chance to speak with Notts County about their vacant manager position.

County are desperate to return to the Football League having missed out on promotion from the National League - the old Conference - via the playoffs.

They are on the lookout for a new boss after Ian Burchnall departed to take over League One-bound Forest Green Rovers and are spreading the net wide with a view to reawakening a club which is performing way below expectations.

Independent.ie understands that Higgins was sounded out to see if he would be interested after being identified as a strong candidate.

Analytics firm Football Radar are part of an ambitious Danish consortium who own County and their data-driven research led them to the conclusion that Higgins (37) would fit the bill for what they are looking for based on the style and approach of his Derry side.

However, Higgins is happy where he is and opted against exploring the opportunity. He gave up his position as chief scout and analyst on Stephen Kenny's Ireland staff to take over his local club last April."

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    "Derry City manager Ruaidhri Higgins turns down talks with Notts County
    Ruaidhri Higgins has got plenty of praise for the job he is doing at Derry City. Image credit: Sportsfile.

Daniel McDonnell

June 01 2022 08:01 AM

Derry City boss Ruaidhri Higgins has turned down the chance to speak with Notts County about their vacant manager position.

County are desperate to return to the Football League having missed out on promotion from the National League - the old Conference - via the playoffs.

They are on the lookout for a new boss after Ian Burchnall departed to take over League One-bound Forest Green Rovers and are spreading the net wide with a view to reawakening a club which is performing way below expectations.

Independent.ie understands that Higgins was sounded out to see if he would be interested after being identified as a strong candidate.

Analytics firm Football Radar are part of an ambitious Danish consortium who own County and their data-driven research led them to the conclusion that Higgins (37) would fit the bill for what they are looking for based on the style and approach of his Derry side.

However, Higgins is happy where he is and opted against exploring the opportunity. He gave up his position as chief scout and analyst on Stephen Kenny's Ireland staff to take over his local club last April."
    A step down for him apparently.
    I assume they mean the NL and not Notts as such.

Quote Originally Posted by AllNottsAreWe View Post
    A step down for him apparently.
    I assume they mean the NL and not Notts as such.
    More likely this:

''Earlier this year, he signed a new four-year deal with billionaire owner Philip O'Doherty providing strong backing with a view to propelling Derry to the top of the tree''.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...-41709127.html

In other news, interesting:

Torquay United manager Gary Johnson has confirmed that Connor Lemonheigh-Evans, Armani Little, Ben Wynter, Danny Wright and Shaun MacDonald have left the club after turning down new contracts.

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/torq...CMrOqJoGSQ8bsE

Lemonheigh-Evans please.

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    Lemonheigh-Evans please.
    He was at the Grimsby play off game so could be a good shout.

As for Ruaidhri Higgins I can't say I've heard of him, pretty much like I'd not heard of Burchnall so not great lose if true.

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    Lemonheigh-Evans please.
    I think we're in with a good shout on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    He was at the Grimsby play off game so could be a good shout.

As for Ruaidhri Higgins I can't say I've heard of him, pretty much like I'd not heard of Burchnall so not great lose if true.
    Ahhh, so because we haven’t heard of him it’s no great loss.

He may have been the next best thing. We will never know. Be interesting to see how Derry City FC fair with an owner that has dollar

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I think we're in with a good shout on this one.
    We could be. Given he is Welsh, if Wrexham want him, then that would be more than a decent move for him.
    Hope I am wrong as he would definitely improve us. Hopefully Cameron is in his ear.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    We could be. Given he is Welsh, if Wrexham want him, then that would be more than a decent move for him.
    Hope I am wrong as he would definitely improve us. Hopefully Cameron is in his ear.
    Depends what part of Wales. It takes about a half hour longer to get to Wrexham from Cardiff , than it does to Nottingham.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast