+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT: message from an old boy

OT: message from an old boy

For those of you who go that far back, I’m still in regular contact with Sugar Tiler, late of this board.

Sugar asks to be remembered to any long timers who knew him. (He’s no longer be able to log in himself because of technical issues.)

Some might recall that he has some serious long term health problems but seems to be doing OK. Covid hasn’t been easy for him.

I was thinking of him just the other day, or more particularly I was thinking 'who was that poster from days gone by who CT was in touch with' and I couldn't recall his username. I seem to remember him conversing regularly with Zilzal, another poster who no longer graces our presence (at least not under that name). Must be over 10 years since he put in an appearance.

That’s right CAM. Zilzal and Sugar Tiler had some monumental - but generally well-mannered - set-tos on Millers teams in the 60s and fairly esoteric pop music debates. (ST is a big fan of Captain Beefheart, I recall.)

He was a very interesting poster Sugar, remember him really well. Dont think he ever took a backward step in an argument lol, very intellectual chap. Old Zilzal was a bit marmite but in general was a good poster. He was very friendly and a good comrade of Kempo, another very interesting if not somewhat deluded character off here. When you think about it there are dozens and dozens of former regular posters who no longer come on here. I blame social media lol.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I was thinking of him just the other day, or more particularly I was thinking 'who was that poster from days gone by who CT was in touch with' and I couldn't recall his username. I seem to remember him conversing regularly with Zilzal, another poster who no longer graces our presence (at least not under that name). Must be over 10 years since he put in an appearance.
    I just checked and Zilzal posted more recently than that. He definitely joined in on a marathon thread about cover versions of popular songs which went out in late 2018. (I’ve just read through it again - most enjoyable - and remarkable in that it heavily featured a knowledgeable and constructively enthusiastic Monty Rhodes aka our very own Wendun! )

Wish some of them would comeback, even if it’s just to educate some of us

Good to hear he’s doing ok
    Last edited by millertop; 14-06-2022 at 07:24 AM.

Lots of posters no longer appear on here, which is a shame, in most cases !
    To be honest I think the board needs some new blood, I think the demographic of users is very narrow, white old men basically, of which I'm one.
    So I know it's like turkey's wishing for Christmas, but a change would be good.

Isn't this more of an old man's thing?reminiscing about the past, and moaning that the game isn't like it used to be.
    Isn't Twitter for the young'ns? ( Under 50's).