+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Tam Courts

Not sorry to see him go at all

As long as we dont announce Adam Asghar

Hopefully tam's no taken careers advice from Peter Houston

Im not just saying this because he bailed but Im not at all bothered Tam has left ,in fact am kind of glad.

By all accounts he had a pretty good budget and he also inherited a very decent squad but what i watched last year was at times terrible and if I'm being totally honest i think the difference between us qualifying for Europe instead of battling it out with Dundee & The saints was our goalkeeper because from what i seen there was very little between us and the bottom two aside from that .

I think Tam carried a hell of a lot of luck during the first half of the season and the first quarter in particular but once the dust settled, lets be honest , what we were watching wasn't great .

Good luck to the guy but i think there are far better out there and that Tam will be soon back in Scotland looking for a job .

I’m fine with this tbh.

Thanks for getting us up to fourth and Europe but it has to be said the football has been very poor, frequently, tactics also, with a few positive performances sprinkled therein sometimes.

So , C ya Tam, next…

Hopefully Ross, I would be happy with that upgrade.

Totally neutral by all this. Just glad its confirmed. On paper, Tam has been a success. Maybe not so much on the eyeballs but I wasn't complaining at all with where we ended up. You did get the feeling that taking up to the next level might have been a struggle but I guess we'll never know. He leaves with his stock extremely high.

Was really interested to see how he did this season coming with getting some good players in etc. Not to be. All the best to him in the future.

Im more annoyed than gutted, but i Am disappointed to see him go, showed he could set us up well against the old firm, had good knowledge of the youth set up, was hoping To see him develop the side from an attacking perspective with new recruits as football was brutal, but it will be again next season regardless who is head coach if we don’t upgrade.

His interviews generally didn’t bother me either, least he wasn’t spouting the same old managerial speak, though I might be in Minority there.

Mulgrew steps in to coach in the mean time, possibly looking for a first start in management....just a thought.

I just hope whoever comes in, can motivate and get the best outta the players we have. I know that a lot of our current squad, really had a lot of respect for TC and enjoyed his style of management. A change could just as easily put some players off there game rather than improve it.
    Out of the managers available, I think Jack Ross is the stand out candidate.
    Does anybody know if Pressely has ruled himself out of the running yet?

Fair play to Tam, rode his luck last season and it worked out for him, now probably cashing in on the opportunity to make more money while his stock in the game is at an all time high, best of luck to him.

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)