+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Could Derby County go into Liquidation ?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Maybe the time has come to completely separate the Premiership from the rest of the EFL?
    In what way do you mean Grist? Stop promotion and relegation to and from the premier league? UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    In what way do you mean Grist? Stop promotion and relegation to and from the premier league? UTM
    Yes, exactly that

The prospect of a Europe league hasn’t entirely gone away, so say for example our “ top eight” teams break away then the Premiership would be a dead duck anyway.

Then take the remainder of the Prem teams, add those to the EFL, have 4 divisions there ( as we used to have)

It could also be arranged with FIFA/EUFA etc to allow a Champions League spot for the top two of the “ new EFL”

Yes, exactly that

The prospect of a Europe league hasn’t entirely gone away, so say for example our “ top eight” teams break away then the Premiership would be a dead duck anyway.

Then take the remainder of the Prem teams, add those to the EFL, have 4 divisions there ( as we used to have)

It could also be arranged with FIFA/EUFA etc to allow a Champions League spot for the top two of the “ new EFL”
    No promotions, no relegations, just playoffs and rename the FA Cup the SuperBowl. I've a feeling I've heard of something similar

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    No promotions, no relegations, just playoffs and rename the FA Cup the SuperBowl. I've a feeling I've heard of something similar
    There would be promotions and relegations, just no promotion to the Premiership

No parachutes required either

There would be promotions and relegations, just no promotion to the Premiership

No parachutes required either
    How’s that help Norwich?

Delia wouldn’t be happy 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    How’s that help Norwich?

Delia wouldn’t be happy ��
    She would have had her chips

She would have had her chips
    ...or have their cake and eat it - the new Zeitgeist...

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Yes, exactly that

I certainly agree with you that the European league hasn't entirely gone away, and even though supporters emotions ran high when they tried to bring a European league in the other year, now it's out there it wouldn't have the same shock effect that it had before, plus I think the powers that be that were trying to arrange it would now include a few other teams in it, as money talks.
    I also think that if the EFL tried to stop the promotion/relegation to and from the premier league, the premier league itself would just have a 2nd division of it and with more than a few big clubs in financial turmoil, they would pick and choose the bigger clubs to start in the premier 2nd division. In a way that would impact on such as ourselves as, even though we have struggled to stay in the championship, we get a windfall with more money from being in it, and also extra revenue from the big clubs supporters who come to watch.
    Whilst I understand your sentiment, I think unfortunately too many clubs now rely on the money that is out there in football, most clubs aren't run like ours,and if the PL approached a few of the bigger clubs to start a 2nd division and ringfence it, they wouldn't give the other clubs like ours a 2nd thought. UTM

Yep there was some pointing out that while Uefa got into a huff about the new Super League idea, they were simultaneously changing the Champions League so you can get in on past performance. So if say Real Madrid finish 6th next season they’ll still be in the Champions League the following year. It’s still protectionist.

Some good points you raise Ronners, yes clubs are in deep chasing the dream. However the current set up is basically killing them and the grim financial reaper will catch up with them.

The top 8 or so in the Premiership have a bit of a financial buffer but are by no way immune from financial failure. They need to look at the difficulties Barcelona have got themselves into.

Football needs a serious reform, it might be painful but ignoring the problem is just kicking the can down the road.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast