+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why do we waste our preseason playing dross from lower leagues?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Miller View Post
    Well I note for instance Leeds v Blackpool and Forest v Coventry and Burton.. but after all you lot ARE experts in al matters aren't you?
    And for the equally stupid, I wasn't suggesting anyone we have played is a team of thugs.. but if you've followed the Millers since 1963 as I have , you know that the lower leagues are where they naturally thrive.
    Sorry I broke my promise and psted in this drivel board ... won't happen again you mugs
    Oh well, at least you'll have more time to get on with your colouring in.

I would have thought that friendlies like these are to build fitness and build confidence

Does someone need a hug?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Steve, would you rather we play say Man City, Liverpool, Spurs etc and get tonked every game so demoralising players before we even get going? We're hardly going to play anyone in the Championship as we have them to play next season so you are looking at League 1 downwards. I think supporting Parkgate each season is showing support to a local side and to them as a club, as it boosts their gate for a game.

As for the rest, the team have just come back form working hard in Croatia so Warney isn't going to test them with higher placed teams with only two weeks to go before the new season starts.
    Brin ,if we were to play Man City or Liverpool, there supporters would be asking the same question as the OP

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Does someone need a hug?
    I don’t think furry boots are the answer

I think this thread is absolute proof that some people will moan about anything.

We followed a similar freindly selection strategy and pre season routine last year. All we achieved was automatic promotion and a cup double.

Therefore, clearly:

FKIN RUBBISH SORT IT OUT

Admittedly we are playing more away games because we are hosting the euros, raising our profile, equiping the ground to uefa standards and putting a bit of money into the club. To which the logical response of any right minded individual can only be

FKIN RUSBBISH. SORT IT OUT.

It's almost as If Warne and Barker have the audacity to think that all that sports science data and experience they have makes them somehow better placed than a random from the pub to decide fitness schedules and pre season opposition. After all we were regarded by many pundits and industry insiders as one of the fittest teams last year
    Which can only be regarded as:

FKIN RUBBISH and almost certainly in need of an unqualified, inexperienced random bloke from the pub to SORT IT OUT

And on Facebook this week our recruitment team were labelled as a disgrace because all of our new signings, who have yet to play a single minute of competitive football in a millers shirt, are all apparantly Sh1t!!

We have the worst supporters in English football.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkSimmons View Post
    I think this thread is absolute proof that some people will moan about anything.

We followed a similar freindly selection strategy and pre season routine last year. All we achieved was automatic promotion and a cup double.

Therefore, clearly:

FKIN RUBBISH SORT IT OUT

Admittedly we are playing more away games because we are hosting the euros, raising our profile, equiping the ground to uefa standards and putting a bit of money into the club. To which the logical response of any right minded individual can only be

It's almost as If Warne and Barker have the audacity to think that all that sports science data and experience they have makes them somehow better placed than a random from the pub to decide fitness schedules and pre season opposition. After all we were regarded by many pundits and industry insiders as one of the fittest teams last year

FKIN RUBBISH and almost certainly in need of an unqualified, inexperienced random bloke from the pub to SORT IT OUT

And on Facebook this week our recruitment team were labelled as a disgrace because all of our new signings, who have yet to play a single minute of competitive football in a millers shirt, are all apparantly Sh1t!!

Post of the month .....brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by MarkSimmons View Post

Therefore, clearly:

FKIN RUBBISH SORT IT OUT

Well said. Although I disagree with the last line, all clubs have 'fans' who are planks.

We do seem to have an higher than average level of dick-head supporter,can`t wait till we lose a couple,this place will be in melt-down again.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I don’t think furry boots are the answer
    Could be if they were size 10 and used to kick his sorry ar se

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast