+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Player Ratings v Chesterfield

6 for Brindley is a bit generous imo. He stood off far to much giving the attacker loads of time and space. Messing about at the back doesn't help the heart rate with the to me to you to me business.
    I didn't realise Reuben was playing first half hour and let's hope Scott and Langstaffe start next game we only looked dangerous when they were up front.
    JoB is a squad player you might bring on late in the game but should not be starting.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Langstaff 9. Most natural finisher we've had since Lee Hughes. Feed him and he'll just keep scoring.
    This 100%.

Whatever legitimate concerns may have been raised about the deficit in our midfield, the recruitment team have played an absolute blinder getting this lad on a three-year contract. You could argue he's an even better signing than Lee Hughes was, because he's much younger and his best days are ahead of him. And we might have another one in Cedwyn Scott once he gets fully fit and can accompany Macauley up front on a regular basis.

Was working yesterday so didn’t get to the game but I managed to see most of the second half on the box. It looked like boys against men until the substitutions… literally… Chessie are a big team and dominated midfield against our little lads.

Weaknesses for me are the so called wingbacks… particularly Chicksen on the left, where most of the pressure was coming. He ain’t no Sheehan is he? Dobra ran rings around Brindley and Cameron on the right. Nemane can pick out some great diagonals but doesn’t get forward enough to cross to Langstaff. Austin changed all of that when he came on. The BT commentator said that Langstaff had a quiet game until the substitutions… yes he did, because he had no service whatsoever!

Back to the drawing board Williams. If the glaring issue of lack of height and a lightweight midfield are not addressed… we’re still going to be in this league come next August… it’s that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by iamITK View Post
    Bajrami - 6 - didnt copy Baldwin, so thats ok for me!

Missed him, couldnt edit!
    That blow to the head Bajrami took to block that free kick that sent him to the floor was proper defensive courage and bravery. He may not have known much about it but that's what we need to be seeing more of in terms of protecting and defending our box and goal. Players being brave and courageous putting their bodies on the line, not giving the opposition any space or time. Like it means something and warrior like.

I can’t believe no one is critical of Slocombe for their second ? It was straight at him head height and he managed to dive underneath it !

Quote Originally Posted by cjpieman View Post
    I can’t believe no one is critical of Slocombe for their second ? It was straight at him head height and he managed to dive underneath it !
    Their lad’s absolutely belted it. Do well to save that IMO. Not sure about his positioning for the first though.

I don't blame the Keeper for the 2nd at all, would have been a great save.

Had no ideas out new hotshot No.9 is on a 3 year contract, delighted.

Started ok but then got bullied off the ball, lost the midfield battle ( no surprises there ) then they scored , totally took is apart especially first 15 mins of second half we look dead and buried. For me an undeserved point rescued. Hearing our fans boo at half time and pass backs was worrying so early in season.

Slocombe - 6 just not the man for this system and poor positioning for first.
    Brindley - 6 did ok nothing more
    Baldwin -5 got out fought and legs look slow, injury prone
    Cameron -4 ( 3 defending, 6 going forward ), half the player we first signed, looks slow, low confidence, easily beaten for second goal.
    Chicken - 4 didn't put in a good Cross all match, not his favoured position.
    JoB - 4 lots of shouting, running about, dodgy tackle, yellow card, little else.
    Palmer -3 most disappointing performance on pitch, looked disinterested, slow, can't tackle for toffee which led to their goal, no redemption from his usually good passing as that was poor too.
    Nemane - 6 lots of effort, tried whole match but stops passes back almost as if he is told not to put balls in box
    RR - 5 out of sorts and very uncharacteristic invisible performance. Nothing bad, nothing good either.
    Mitchell -6 the lad cannot be faulted for effort and desire but lacks the skill and lace to turn his marker.
    Langstaff - 7 slow first half with little service but put the ball on his head or at his feet and bang ! He scores or at least us on target.

Scott -7 made a nuisance of himself, good positioning, could of scored if not for the dodgy offside!! Took defenders away from Langstaff

Austin - 8 for time on the pitch, desire, tough tackling always looking for forward pass, great cross for langstaff second. Changed the whole game

Bajrami - 7 brave, tough, not afraid to put body on he line

LW. - 5 -poor set up led to us to be on back foot, not sure what his half time talks are like but we seem to come out worse. Does at least make good dubs that change games.

Nemane 6. Offered our main attacking threat, kept going and didn't hide, taking his man on..

This has to be a joke - Refused to take on his man and constantly checked back - Is not a wing back, but was simply awful..

Can't agree about Slocombe's positioning for their first, I saw repeated TV replays in Lawton's Bar at half time and it was a great finish curled inches inside the far post. If he was any further that way he would have left a big gap on his near post. I'd have to see their second again before commenting. It was hit with some power, and my initial reaction was that it was another great finish.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast