+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Barristers Strike

Quote Originally Posted by baggiematt View Post
    Don’t get me wrong, the Tories have demonstrated appalling behaviours and incredible sleeve since Boris came in…but to suggest 12 years of disaster is nonsensical.

We’ve lived in an economic mess since 2008 in light of the crash. To suggest Labour would come in, clear the mess without public spending cuts post fiscal boost defies logic. Sorry 123 but the constant posting of this is bizarre thinking.

To suggest there wouldn’t be wastage in a Labour government during a pandemic where rapid spending of £410 billion in a one off pandemic is also brave thinking.

We’d be moaning about whatever government is in charge right now. You can dream about a paradise under Labour but working under the same conditions, I think you would have similar results.

As it currently stands, I’ll be voting Labour next election but could swing. I don’t really know what they offer much different though…
    And yes, there could have been wastage under a Labour government - but we would not have had this level of corruption. And its hard to see how Labour could have been any more incompetent than the Tories during the pandemic.

It really is a poor answer when a governing party splurge billions away, just to say "well, the opposition would have done the same, or this or that". People who do this are just justifying to themselves of how they voted in the past. Brexiteers are doing the very same thing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by baggiematt View Post
    Don’t get me wrong, the Tories have demonstrated appalling behaviours and incredible sleeve since Boris came in…but to suggest 12 years of disaster is nonsensical.

We’ve lived in an economic mess since 2008 in light of the crash. To suggest Labour would come in, clear the mess without public spending cuts post fiscal boost defies logic. Sorry 123 but the constant posting of this is bizarre thinking.

To suggest there wouldn’t be wastage in a Labour government during a pandemic where rapid spending of £410 billion in a one off pandemic is also brave thinking.

We’d be moaning about whatever government is in charge right now. You can dream about a paradise under Labour but working under the same conditions, I think you would have similar results.

As it currently stands, I’ll be voting Labour next election but could swing. I don’t really know what they offer much different though…
    I think this is a very reasoned post and follows my own thinking.

The simple fact seems to be that ALL of our political elite are incompetent.

When I hear that Jeremy Hunt, Zahawi etc “made millions” in business before coming into politics I find myself both mystified and cynical.

I wonder just how these idiots managed this unless already backed by historic family wealth?

If you then factor in the public’s expectations that life can never be tough and involve a period of hardship and abstinence from upgrading their tablet and iPhone then you have a toxic mix.

I’ve said on here before, those amongst you who quote “how bad it is” really have no idea if you didn’t live here through the 70’s. It’s true to say things are hard at present but up to this point, it’s nothing like the 70’s.

Talking of the 70’s, my grandparents didn’t moan during that tough period, they’d lived through the 20’s depression, the Jarrow March and two World Wars......they had perspective.

As for Labour, they have three huge problems,

1/ Starmer

2/ They can’t win seats in Scotland due to SNP dominance so they’ll need Sturgeon to join an hellish alliance to take power.

3/ All is not well behind the scenes with the “Momentum” type disciples seriously considering starting a new party.

In our politics incompetence rules I’m afraid, I have no confidence in anyone I see at the moment.

I also feel that world affairs are in such turmoil that it’s almost beyond anyone to pick a see less way though all the issues and keep the majority in the U.K. happy.

My thoughts are that most of us are of the same mind and that is that we don't know who to vote for. From a personal point of view, I believe that all the utilities should be nationalised; electricity, gas, water and transport. Some will say that when they were nationalised they were not well run but at least they weren't putting the share holders profits before everything else. This, unfortunately, is what occurs with private ownership. You can't just blame the Tories for this either as Blair privatised more industries than they did.

I have little faith in either of the two candidates for the Tory leadership and wouldn't have a clue which party to vote for at a General Election as Labour haven't the right material to lead the country either. I suppose in times of national crisis a coalition should be the answer but I don't see that as a likely outcome. Basically we're 'up the creek without a paddle'.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Perhaps but lots of responses. Try a subject rather than sarcastic comments. Why not - how does Liz Truss like it? Hey you might even like a dabble!
    Wouldn't touch Liz Truss with yours Al' never mind giving her the pleasure of being touched with mine, posted without a hint of sarcasm.

She's a munter. A vote chasing say whatever it takes to sway opinion munter. Struggling to see how anyone could favour her, be that in bed or in the polls.

It's a sad indictment of both the conservative party and British politics in general that we've got two such thoroughly repugnant individuals running for leadership and by association the top job.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    And yes, there could have been wastage under a Labour government - but we would not have had this level of corruption. And its hard to see how Labour could have been any more incompetent than the Tories during the pandemic.

It really is a poor answer when a governing party splurge billions away, just to say "well, the opposition would have done the same, or this or that". People who do this are just justifying to themselves of how they voted in the past. Brexiteers are doing the very same thing right now.
    It’s hard to evaluate performance during a one off pandemic. No where near perfect, but they were spending at incredible pace. The point is, anyone working at that kind of pace would cut corners and take risk, of which some would lead to criticism….some would work though.

There were newspaper articles and social media driven narrative about ‘jobs for mates’ but no inquiry. I could be wrong but I don’t recall labour calling for one around this.

You only have two choices in the UK, Labour and Conservative. To expect humans to deliver perfection is unrealistic, which is why I think we’d be criticising whatever government has been in power since 2008.

Going back to the main point, austerity has crippled our public services but was there an alternative?
    Last edited by baggiematt; 23-08-2022 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    They want everyone on site's like this, FB and Twitter where they can monitor and edit your thoughts.
    We are all being controlled.
    Are you saying they are mods?

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    Are you saying they are mods?
    There you have it, Des is a closet spy for the ‘Establishment’!

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    There you have it, Des is a closet spy for the ‘Establishment’!
    Had him sussed all along.

The poor CEOs of UK.....from Sky.
    CEOs of the UK's biggest companies have seen their pay rise by 39%

While many Britons are set to be hit hard by the cost of living crisis, the top earners have seen a large increase in their pay.

Research by the High Pay Centre and Trades Union Congress found the pay of chief executives of companies in the FTSE100 index has increased by 39% since the pandemic.

Their median pay rose from £2.46m in 2020 to £3.41m in 2021, the analysis found.

The richest 1% is the only group to have seen a real terms pay growth in the last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Wouldn't touch Liz Truss with yours Al' never mind giving her the pleasure of being touched with mine, posted without a hint of sarcasm.

She's a munter. A vote chasing say whatever it takes to sway opinion munter. Struggling to see how anyone could favour her, be that in bed or in the polls.

It's a sad indictment of both the conservative party and British politics in general that we've got two such thoroughly repugnant individuals running for leadership and by association the top job.

Totally Agree 68! Sunak is a crook and will never get in for stabbing Boris in the back. Truss is a dinosaur. Don't like Starmer but demanding the energy cap is frozen was a good move as it should. I care about many who won't be able to pay their bills and the elderly will die of the cold. Too many people with money care just about themselves and are selfish and usually miserable b astards too!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)