+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aleksander Isak

Also, to be the boring economically one

Real Sociad are happy to do a spread the payment, which means the impact on FFP is minimalised to a decent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Also, to be the boring economically one

Real Sociad are happy to do a spread the payment, which means the impact on FFP is minimalised to a decent degree.
    Give me boring every day if it means signings like this

Quote Originally Posted by 18nufc92 View Post
    If - and it is an ‘if’ until the contract is signed and he is formally announced - we sign Isak he will be our statement signing. Our Robinho if likening it to Man City after their takeover. Quality player with all of the attributes of a top striker with the added bonus of being young too. Fingers crossed on this one.
    Didnt work very well for them, though.

Also, looking at the bigger picture - if we do sign him, then who should I drop from my fantasy team - Botman, Bruno or Miggy? I already thought about replacing Botman for Trippier also.

Medical this afternoon according to Keith Downie

Name:  tttttttttttttttt.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  77.7 KB

I'm buzzing about this signing! Can't wait to see him link up with Maxi and Bruno et al

What a team we're building!

This is awesome. Not exactly prolific but looks very skillful. A real statement signing!

I'd love to see a couple more. Maddison, Paqueta, Gallagher, Pulisic, Pedro.

Come on!!!! We are gonna be pushing top 6 man!

Quote Originally Posted by GBruno View Post
    This is awesome. Not exactly prolific but looks very skillful. A real statement signing!

I'd love to see a couple more. Maddison, Paqueta, Gallagher, Pulisic, Pedro.

Come on!!!! We are gonna be pushing top 6 man!
    I spoke to my mates in Madrid last night.

They reckon he's a great player - and scored "an amazing goal against Real Madrid".

Looking at a clip of him playing, he has similar style to Henry… cutting in from the left and hitting the ball across the keeper into the far post to score… and some deft touches lifting the ball over the keeper in 1-on-1 situations.

If signed, he’ll be a quality signing and would show some real intent for any other prospective signing who might be unsure if approached.

Tell you what, my favourite straw man Wood could be invigorated by this signing because having two beanpoles to contend with upfront (if they are ever played together), plus JoLo, Batman and Burn is a bit of a fecking handful at set pieces.

Right now, I don't care how prolific Isak is. Sign him up....and then we can sign up someone nippy and prolific afterwards or even in January. We just need anyone more prolific than Wood (not hard to do) because Callum is a no-go. This goal is a thing of beauty.
    Last edited by trinitoon; 25-08-2022 at 12:20 PM.

Spotted!

Name:  toon.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  58.8 KB

All being well he'll be in the squad for Wolves on Sunday. Most likely Chris Wood will start upfront though i think

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)