+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Random places watching a Millers game

Random places watching a Millers game

Last weekend I watched the game in my friend's Tesla Model S on the center console. At least the first 15 mins while he was in the supermarket. Once we started driving it pauses the video so I watched the rest on my phone.

The advent of iFollow and smartphones will allow people to watch games in previously unimaginable places.

It got me thinking back to other random places I've watched games.

The most random to me was in 2014 when I was backpacking in Vietnam. I had been on a night out in Hanoi and when I got back to my hotel room I had a browse through the TV channels. There weren't many so imagine my shock when I discovered our playoff game against Preston live on Vietnamese TV!

Earlier this year I was with some friends in the Canaries and we went to go and spend a night sleeping in a cave on the side of some cliffs. It was quite a cool experience, and I even took my laptop and was able to watch a game from the cave. Sadly the signal was a bit dodgy and some of the buffering was frustrating, but I did manage to catch the game while my friends were down on the beach. I suspect that was probably a first!

Any other random places anyone has watched a game from?

Don Valley Stadium

For some reason the Monty Python Yorkshiremen sketch flashed into my mind when I read the original post

So far this season I've watched The Millers from Sarasota, Jacksonville, Venice Beach and Malibu and we're only 7 games in. I'd much rather watch them from a seat in NYS any time.

Australia, New York, Madrid

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    So far this season I've watched The Millers from Sarasota, Jacksonville, Venice Beach and Malibu and we're only 7 games in. I'd much rather watch them from a seat in NYS any time.
    Me too, Sota. NYS is a magical place. I suppose the fact we only get there for a handful of games once in a while makes it feel extra special.

It must be about 20 years ago that we first started getting live audio coverage of Millers matches on a digital link all around the world and it was incredibly exciting to be able to connect to the Millers ‘tribe’ in this way. The I-follow Millers service today is a world of improvement on those early days but I’ll never forget that initial thrill of tuning in.

For me, the past 20+ years, following, listening to or watching the Millers has usually meant an alarm clock set for 6:45am (sometimes 3:45am), sitting alone on a sofa with a bowl of Weetabix, a laptop and one or more cups of tea.

However, on a couple of occasions it has taken a weird turn. It happened at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon, surrounded by thousands of people wearing red and white and yelling at the top of their voice in a place known as NYS. A random place if ever their was one for watching football.

I’ve watch games this season in Tarragon, Barcelona and on a bus in Andorra. In the passed I’ve watched them in a car, a shopping centre in Bordeaux and on a park bench.

Being in strange places doesn’t stop me from cheering out load when we score 😀

In a Club on Canvey Island in Es***, was down there for a Dr Feelgood gig, was the night game v Donny at The Keepmoat.
    Kindly asked if they would put it on for me and The Wife, obviously i was kicking every ball and the Locals started getting into it, the place was in Uproar when Keiffer Moore equalized in the 97th minute. I reckon we must've picked up 25 or so new closet Millers