+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: For Fox Sake

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    So fat Tone brings in JR, then fat Tone has HIS men bring in the players so who has to adapt to who? The players to the coach or the coach to the players?.....in 6 games by the way.

See if a manager gets to pick all the players HE wants, to play the way HE wants and he fails then he must die by his own sword, I've absolutely no problem with that but the modern way of managers not having the final say on recruitment and the modern player just isn't like that, they are pampered fkrs with big egos,even at our/their level.
    That's that way it is across the industry. Are you suggesting we go back to the JYM way? At the end of his tenure he was struggling big time with the new way of doing. It is what it is

I never said JR was golden. 6 games isn't enough to claim anyone is golden.......or brown.
    Not aimed specifically at yourself just a generalisation really. But 6 games where things turned so spectacularly wrong is long enough in my book. Something had to give, something did give, things are on a more even keel now. Nothing else really matters.

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    Jack Ross told the team the game tactics and how they were going to press the Celtic team..10 minutes before kick off and when they went in at half time..his only response was "try and keep it respectable".
    I would have been more upset if our senior players weren't angry and trying to do something about it when their new manager was clearly just going through the motions. Regardless of who was to blame, we had a toxic dressing room and in my opinion...that was caused by JR! Team spirit and attitude are what is needed at the club and that had been destroyed.
    I don't know if those things are true or not but it didn't matter. If JR couldn't get a performance from those players it's his problem and he paid the price. It's utterly ridiculous he got such a short time in charge BUT the results were so bad something HAD to be done. The pick up since he left confirms to me the problem was JR and it's hard to see how anyone could come to another conclusion to be honest.

Team plays sh*te, the Sporting Director gets the blame. Team plays well, the Head Coach gets the praise. Hmm....... 🤔

The difference in our performances under Jack Ross & Liam Fox are there for all to see. That comes down to only one man and it isn't the Sporting Director.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    That's that way it is across the industry. Are you suggesting we go back to the JYM way? At the end of his tenure he was struggling big time with the new way of doing. It is what it is
    100% no but do you think a coach should just do what the players want him to do?so what's the point in a coach?

100% no but do you think a coach should just do what the players want him to do?so what's the point in a coach?
    I hardly think that's what's happening tbh

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    Jack Ross told the team the game tactics and how they were going to press the Celtic team..10 minutes before kick off and when they went in at half time..his only response was "try and keep it respectable".
    I would have been more upset if our senior players weren't angry and trying to do something about it when their new manager was clearly just going through the motions. Regardless of who was to blame, we had a toxic dressing room and in my opinion...that was caused by JR! Team spirit and attitude are what is needed at the club and that had been destroyed.
    Sorry Weegie, I think you're a very good poster but that post is a load of 5hite.......unless you were in sed toxic changing room? The same toxic changing room that didn't seem to be toxic a few weeks earlier at home to Alkmaar?

A v!tal aspect is to understand how to get the best out of the players they have at their disposal. I think it's pretty hard to argue, one game aside (and, honestly, I don't think AZ pushed hard that night), JR failed and had the club on a serious downward spiral.

I'm not sure you can really judge someone on 6 games, what you can't deny however is for whatever reason in little or no time he achieved two of our historically worst results ever and seemed to lose the team in little or no time. Bit like Liz Truss, became pretty clear early on he was dead man standing and that it wasn't going to work, and there was no point prolonging the agony for anyone, and we had to act fast before the situation became irretrievable. Strangest thing for me was his decision to stop playing Sibbald, when he clearly identified him as a target, kind of reminded me of Neilson's decision in the championship to break up the Watson-Reynolds partnership after they had gone on a great run of not conceding, to put Connolly back in the team when he was fit, seemed to make sense to no one but the manger. Maybe it was just a bad fit from the start with JR, the time he took to agree to join us and his subsequent travel arrangements never filled me with much enthusiasm.

Sorry Weegie, I think you're a very good poster but that post is a load of 5hite.......unless you were in sed toxic changing room? The same toxic changing room that didn't seem to be toxic a few weeks earlier at home to Alkmaar?
    I am sorry if you believe it to be sh#te...my source is a first team player...not a third party..but directly from a first team player! He also told me that the "crisis meeting" had Mark Orgen dial in via zoom and give an inspirational speech of " we need to be united, the players need to be united..the fans need to be united...we are Dundee United!" ..the players all thought it was a bit mental and very Americanised...just stopping short of chanting USA....USA! If anybody on here has links to the club..they will be able to confirm the Mark Orgen story as I don't think its too controversial! Regardless of what went on during the JR tenure, we have no option but to wipe the slate clean and try and rebuild. The players are back to playing like they are a team which is a good sign but we are still very fragile at the moment. It is *****ly important that the fans back the players just now as we try and recover from the damage done in the past few months.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)