+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Team for Torquay

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    Baldwin in for Brindley seems the most natural swap. With his lack of recent minutes however I'd be tempted to shift Baj back there and bring Austin into the middle. If we're cruising at half-time bring Ruben off so he's fresh for Tuesday and then bring Baldwin on and push Baj back into midfield.
    I’d prefer to keep as much of the team together. So with that in mind the straight swap of Brinds for Baldwin is the most logical option.
    I agree with making subs to key players IF we get in to a more than favourable position.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    To maximise chances of beating the bottom club at home, TAR would be the pick IMO as he'd provide the forward runs and pace in that right-sided role.
    Interesting observation.

I've noticed that TAR is more willing than Nemane to actually take on his direct opponent and beat him for pace over five yards, while Aaron is slightly less confident and tends to look for a one-two exchange where he can nip in behind his opponent rather than taking him on directly.
    Both players are creating chances though, so it's a nice choice for the manager to have.

I know you in particular regarded the wing-back positions as a significant weakness last season, and the improvement in results this season suggests you were right. Jayden Richardson had some good games last year, but Nemane and TAR definitely offer better attacking quality than DKE, even though I loved Dion's non-stop energy and enthusiasm wherever he played.

On the other side, Chicksen is arguably the most improved player under Luke Williams, showing far more willingness to attack, as reflected in his sudden burst of goals. And I don't dismiss Joel Taylor, who had some very good games at the beginning of last season. Chicks has obviously cemented first choice at present, but I could see Taylor doing well in a team playing like we are at the moment, if he was called upon.

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    Baldwin in for Brindley seems the most natural swap. With his lack of recent minutes however I'd be tempted to shift Baj back there and bring Austin into the middle. If we're cruising at half-time bring Ruben off so he's fresh for Tuesday and then bring Baldwin on and push Baj back into midfield.
    Has to be Baldwin in for Brindley.

Bajrami should remain in midfield at every opportunity as we look such a better team when he does, and Baldwin needs minutes following his injury.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12