Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
I think there's some muddled thinking in that article. Players wouldn't be allowed to wear boots with political slogans on them (according to my resident referee) so of course the club stepped in. That doesn't make the club 'unduly harsh, and unnecessarily obsequious', it's what any club would likely have done.

Their statement 'while everyone is entitled to their own opinions, whether that be employers or supporters”,.....“also highlight that an individual view cannot be fairly attributed as the view of everyone or the club itself” is exactly what I'd imagine Notts would say if for example Langstaff had done the same thing. No dark forces at work there.

As for supporting a food bank, whilst allowing photos of the Tories at the ground probably because the owners want money out of a government funds, well, rich people with double standards is sadly, hardly news. Its a huge stretch to suggest that Mullins' boots might impact on Wrexham receiving this funding.

I'd have liked to have read an article on how multi millionaire owners of a football club can apply for government funding to improve their own facilities, and line their own pockets. That'd make for a fascinating read.
Yep, quite an 'interesting' take I thought. I have to second your final paragraph too!