+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Huns v The Dons

So I didnt see or hear the game as I was on Uni open day visits with Moog Jnr - and I certainly winna be wasting any time watching the “highlights” - but I was completely unsurprised by the result.

We’ve spent 30 years shyteing the bed down there so why should yesterday have been any different. Clubs not got the minerals - hasn’t had for years.

The comments on here are equally unsurprising.

Shyte defence
    Appalling full backs who can’t defend
    Lightweight midfield
    Tactically naive management with a complete inability to change things when its clear its not working.

Quelle surprise.

While I’m glad to hear we “had a go” you’ve got to be sensible and setup right - clearly we didn’t.

I have grave doubts about Goodwin - mostly about his in game management, or rather lack of it.

Overall this year:

We’re much better up front - no question.
    Midfield hasn’t improved overall
    Goalkeeping about the same as Lewis
    Defence is as bad, if not worse than last year.
    We’re still soft as shyte

Difference is Goodwin has had big bucks (in AFC terms) to spend that Glass didn’t get.

January will be make or break for Goodwin. He has to sort the defence and RB especially.

If he doesn’t, I don’t think he’ll see out the season…
    Last edited by The_Moog; 30-10-2022 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    Why were we not wearing our proper RED strip?
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    McRorie in midfield isn't the answer either, as he is not a midfielder. He can do a job, just like he can at right back or centre half, but not the answer long term. Not going to be popular on here, but we miss Ferguson in the centre of the park.

Agree 100% on the right back though.
    So
    McRorie at right back.
    Get in a centre half and a enforcer in midfield, and possibly a replacement in midfield when the enforcer gets sent off.

Job done , 2 players ( really) away from a bloody good side.

I was stuck with hun tv commentary yesterday.

We were in attack, lost the ball and the huns broke away.

But did they break?
    No, they were “in transition “

Worse than “ give and go”

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    So
    McRorie at right back.
    Get in a centre half and a enforcer in midfield, and possibly a replacement in midfield when the enforcer gets sent off.

Job done , 2 players ( really) away from a bloody good side.
    Depends on how you look at things DD. If Scales ad Coulson aren't going to be here long term then we need to replace them too. Clarkson too won't be here after this season and how long does Johnny Hayes defy the ageing process.

I see how we signed Stewart, he is a good defender, but he isn't a player who can play the ball out of defence. He is an old school defender who clears his lines well and likes a battle, so if we want to play this passing games we talk of, we need better players, easier said than done mind with out budget or we play to a system that suits his strengths. I would liked to have seen more of this young lad Milne this season, but no chance our Captain is going to make way for him.

JG had a pop at Joe Lewis about how Roos was signed as he can play the type of football he wants. Nae convinced we have got better with Roos, who I don't think is shyte, but I don't think he is in anyway an upgrade. For the record Joe Lewis is a class keeper who had a rough season last season and struggled with form and confidence, but was looking better towards the end of the season and for the most part was a great signing for us.

Richardson I have not been impressed with one bit. I can see glimpses of a player, certainly not a defender, but seems to have the skills to play in right wing role, at only 20/21, you would think we could coach him into being a better player, but I wouldn't have him near our defence. I would also say the young lad Duncan should be getting more game time ahead of Richardson as he looks the better player and more ready for the first team.

On the whole though I have been impressed with what I have saw at home this season, but still a lot of work to do before we get that league flag flying back at Pittodrie again.

I agree regarding Duncan and Milne.
    I thought Milne would be on for Scales every time we were a couple of goals up but no.
    Perhaps we are sure Scales is signing a permanent contract in January.

We’re not the finished product and we’re well away from winning the league yet, but we’re one point off third with a game in hand.
    Furthermore, crowds are well up at Pittodrie.

Nothing shoogly about the peg Goodwin’s jacket is on.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    So I didnt see or hear the game as I was on Uni open day visits with Moog Jnr - and I certainly winna be wasting any time watching the “highlights” - but I was completely unsurprised by the result.

We’ve spent 30 years shyteing the bed down there so why should yesterday have been any different. Clubs not got the minerals - hasn’t had for years.

The comments on here are equally unsurprising.

Shyte defence
    Appalling full backs who can’t defend
    Lightweight midfield
    Tactically naive management with a complete inability to change things when its clear its not working.

Quelle surprise.

While I’m glad to hear we “had a go” you’ve got to be sensible and setup right - clearly we didn’t.

I have grave doubts about Goodwin - mostly about his in game management, or rather lack of it.

Overall this year:

We’re much better up front - no question.
    Midfield hasn’t improved overall
    Goalkeeping about the same as Lewis
    Defence is as bad, if not worse than last year.
    We’re still soft as shyte

Difference is Goodwin has had big bucks (in AFC terms) to spend that Glass didn’t get.

January will be make or break for Goodwin. He has to sort the defence and RB especially.

If he doesn’t, I don’t think he’ll see out the season…
    Didn’t Stephen Glass sign about 11 players and spend money on Ramirez and David Bates?

I would imagine it wasn’t that cheap to get Scott Brown to move up here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    After a few hours to calm down and reflect on yesterday's game at a place where I would never expect a result. Nope still angry as f uck at such a lame effort from everyone involved especially our eejit manager. He has no ability to change a game in time to have any impact on the result. Yes, set out an attacking team but when everyone bar one can see it is not working surely changing it is a no brainer. He is not learning from his mistakes nor is he admitting to them. I honestly don't rate him at all. St Mirren was his peak.
    This ^ for me gets to the crux ! I said it at the start and continued to say it.. absolutely no due diligence was done on Goodwin and his ability to manage Aberdeen FC, He got lucky at St Mirren in his two and a half years there but lost and drew more games than he won ... So good enough for Aberdeen ? How closely was his tactical awareness looked at ? and his ability to change that in the course of a game, Part of me applauds his ambition yesterday ( and we have to be honest here its what we've been screaming out for a long time now ... Have a Go !, When it was obvious w2e were failing to consolidate after going 1-0 up and a huge threat was coming down both wings from the scum. did he change it ? go to a back four ? Nope and that for me was the biggest disappointment yesterday his inability to at least try change tactics in the course of a game, Was all option discussed with the players (of course we have no way of knowing) but it didn't look like it. We were being overrun the team on the field weren't able to adjust they didn't know how.. That's what Goodwin gets paid for ! To do the thinking to do the planning to do the tactical tweeks when needed .... I remain unconvinced by this guy and I'm sure there was better out there. I myself would have made Robbie Neilson an offer he couldn't refuse.

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    This ^ for me gets to the crux ! I said it at the start and continued to say it.. absolutely no due diligence was done on Goodwin and his ability to manage Aberdeen FC, He got lucky at St Mirren in his two and a half years there but lost and drew more games than he won ... So good enough for Aberdeen ? How closely was his tactical awareness looked at ? and his ability to change that in the course of a game, Part of me applauds his ambition yesterday ( and we have to be honest here its what we've been screaming out for a long time now ... Have a Go !, When it was obvious w2e were failing to consolidate after going 1-0 up and a huge threat was coming down both wings from the scum. did he change it ? go to a back four ? Nope and that for me was the biggest disappointment yesterday his inability to at least try change tactics in the course of a game, Was all option discussed with the players (of course we have no way of knowing) but it didn't look like it. We were being overrun the team on the field weren't able to adjust they didn't know how.. That's what Goodwin gets paid for ! To do the thinking to do the planning to do the tactical tweeks when needed .... I remain unconvinced by this guy and I'm sure there was better out there. I myself would have made Robbie Neilson an offer he couldn't refuse.
    You been at the cooking sherry min? Robbie Neilson is fecking rank and no better than what we have under Goodwin. Plenty of gripes down at Gorgie about his abilities too and they supposedly have a bigger budget as well.
    This season was always going to be tricky for us with the huge change in personnel and never in a million years were all signings going to work out.

He will get this season, bar a total collapse in form but he has to work on the capitulations we have seen yesterday and at the jute and Hibs games.

I tried to be positive about Goodwin but he’s sh1t. The defending for the second hun goal was possibly the most inept bit of football I’ve ever seen watching Aberdeen. Everything about it was howling but leaving those two Huns loitering on the edge of the box was unforgivable.

This won’t get any better

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast