+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrexham/Chesterfield Fixture Pileups

Well we lasted until round 4 in the Munto season - took a pasting at Fulham in Trew's first game (?) and proceeded to wipe the floor with most teams and claw back a 10+ point deficit including the win against Rochdale at home...

Wouldn't surprise me if we were Rochdale this season although If we can get through to the end of February with our PPG in tact then the rest of our fixtures look winnable with the exception of Wrexham away.

We're on course for 100 points still and statistically our best season ever. Title or not - the players and LW deserve nothing but praise if we do miss out by a point of two to the non-league Galacticos.

The reason we caught Rochdale wasn’t just our form, they also collapsed. If we can maintain our form this season and not lose in Wales, then we could win the league.

[QUOTE=tommopie8;40188998]Well we lasted until round 4 in the Munto season - took a pasting at Fulham in Trew's first game (?) and proceeded to wipe the floor with most teams and claw back a 10+ point deficit including the win against Rochdale at home...

Wouldn't call Fulham a pasting, would accept that result before the start tbh, now Swansea is what was a pasting. No doubt knocked the players confidence.

[QUOTE=irishpete;40189351]
    Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    Well we lasted until round 4 in the Munto season - took a pasting at Fulham in Trew's first game (?) and proceeded to wipe the floor with most teams and claw back a 10+ point deficit including the win against Rochdale at home...

Wouldn't call Fulham a pasting, would accept that result before the start tbh, now Swansea is what was a pasting. No doubt knocked the players confidence.
    We played well against Fulham. Hughsey had an unusual off day in front of goal, Mark Swartz made some good saves and Bobby Zamora was a real handful. Nowhere near a pasting.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    All 3 of us playing Tuesday night
    Cheaterfield game off apparently, waterlogged pitch. Adds to their backlog.

I'm sad about the Chesterfield game being off, I'm loving them having a backlog but after a very tough game where their own twitter was saying they looked very tired, I don't think a trip to London on a wet miserable day/night would help them and could see them dropping points.

Quote Originally Posted by Proactive not Reactive View Post
    I'm sad about the Chesterfield game being off, I'm loving them having a backlog but after a very tough game where their own twitter was saying they looked very tired, I don't think a trip to London on a wet miserable day/night would help them and could see them dropping points.
    As long as we make it count and win our game,the only way chesterfield will benefit or wrexham for that matter, is if we slip up, giving them a bigger incentive to win their games in hand

Chesterfield next week will probably be that game we slip up, our record there isn’t the best.

Warsop it was a good win in 2020 though 2.1 down going into injury time and we won 3.2, it would be nice to do that again

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    Chesterfield next week will probably be that game we slip up, our record there isn’t the best.
    8 wins from 33 league visits, 16 defeats.

Locally we have got a better PPG league record away to Fword, Leicester, Mansfield and Lincoln.
    Only Derby has yielded a worse close proximity return than going to Chesterfield.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast