+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: v Killie

Is the situation with Fox just a reflection of real life. Most of us in our working lives will have come across a boss who is, or is in our opinion totally not up for the job and has no respect.
    We do our jobs but that’s all. Nothing more and ignore him where we can.
    Similar scenario at Tanny maybe ?
    Does Fox command respect ? Hasn’t done anything to earn it. Do the players pay attention when he’s talking.?
    Maybe bollox but just a thought.

To help save their season mothwell get rid of their manager, Southampton after on 3 months in the job do the same. Are we right to stick by a manager with no experience or do we get rid for a reaction?. Time will tell what is the right decision but this team needs a reaction against st johnstone or changes need to happen from the top down.

Quote Originally Posted by Utd83 View Post
    To help save their season mothwell get rid of their manager, Southampton after on 3 months in the job do the same. Are we right to stick by a manager with no experience or do we get rid for a reaction?. Time will tell what is the right decision but this team needs a reaction against st johnstone or changes need to happen from the top down.
    Lose at the weekend and we'll struggle to come back from these last few defeats imo. We really needed the Hearts first half reaction to continue, but we fell flat as a f*cking pancake. Can't see any managerial changes taking place if I'm being honest. 😕

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Can't see any managerial changes taking place if I'm being honest. ��
    Not only has TA made disastrous decisions this season he's also stupidly made his bed for the rest by saying things like we want to promote from within. Removing Fox then means he either goes back on that again further emphasising he has no clue what he's doing or we end up with Mulgrew in charge.

Unfortunately Fox is here to stay unless they bring Courts back IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    Not only has TA made disastrous decisions this season he's also stupidly made his bed for the rest by saying things like we want to promote from within. Removing Fox then means he either goes back on that again further emphasising he has no clue what he's doing or we end up with Mulgrew in charge.

Unfortunately Fox is here to stay unless they bring Courts back IMHO
    Unless he gets Tam Courts back...

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    Our dry January must be disappointing for our players as well. I am sure that when Levitt signed, he would have been promised the kind of players around him that would suit his type of game. I am also sure that Fletcher would have never been told that he would be our only striker, and we would be relying on him entirely to be our only goal threat.Behich was probably told that we were ambitious and likely to be fighting for Europe each season.The whole club just has the feel that it is going through the motions and has given up the ghost..it's like watching a car crash in slow motion. The lack of urgency, desire, fight and drive is worrying and the management are adding to this by churning out that if we somehow just keep what we are doing...then we will be fine! We have a losers mentalty and the manager should be in that dressing room kicking the f#ckin doors down. There is not a single ounce of inspiration or leadership in the club at the moment and that comes from the top down. That squad needs an absolute bast#rd of a manager right now! This fat Tony thing is only a distraction to the meekness of our players..every single one of them is needing leathered! The club is rotten from top to bottom! The worst of it though, is that the missed window means that we are gonna just have to grin and bear it.
    Spot on

Where we have differences on here with the likes of me and Shedka is he blames Ross for most of our ill's whereas i blame the players for say 60% and Ross for 40%.Even if i am right it still leaves us royally phucked because changing coaches could lead to more 7's and 9's if the players dinnie fancy the new guy.

I reckon we are gonna be stuck with Fox and as bad as that is and its really bad it may still be the lesser of two evils.The whole club has went from europe to needing ripped up completely in a matter of months and i blame Tony for at least 80% of that.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    The league match we lost against them away was a real body blow for the fans. Personally I wasn't getting too carried away about it as their pitch gives them such a huge advantage it was always on the cards.

Yesterday though is a real body blow. Utter ****e by us from start to finish. Anyone who still thinks we have a good chance of escaping the drop must surely now accept we are right in the ****e up to our ears.
    I have never fully bought into the excuse that their pitch is such an advantage, and while i didnt take up the opportunity the other week, because i have now cleared a few real life issue, i have now looked into your assertion that Killie do have an advantage, and i cannot see anything that convinces me!

Funnily enough, the only team they have played twice at home so far is us, and as i said before, its our own mistakes and lack of effort that has done us. If i were a Killie fan, i would be looking at taking the other points they have done at home, just like my expectation as an Arab is we should be in the draw for the next round of the cup after a home game v a shockingly bad Killie team.

People have their own reasons for who is to blame, and i dont think many are far from the truth, but for me the players in certain games have been posted missing far too often, and it really fecking hurts to think that we are doomed with nobody to show any fight out of this sh!t show!

Regarding hmthe game itself, so much to criticise and a lot has been listed in the thread. Agree with GB here regarding Fox, any coach with the most basic reading of a game takes the Huddersfield lad off on one yellow and replaces him with Graham or Freeman.

The guy is hopeless. I got a couple of negative comments when I said I wish Fox looked more like a coach. They maybe thought I was talking about his clothes but it was his poor coaching, lack of player motivation, team selections tactics and in game substitutions I was on about.

But getting lied to by Asghar is worse, telling us they interviewed some outstanding candidates and decided Fox was the best of them.

We will get Mulgrew next if Asghar stays, so I am now firmly in the camp that would want the supporter groups to influence Ogren to make the change.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I got a couple of negative comments when I said I wish Fox looked more like a coach. They maybe thought I was talking about his clothes but it was his poor coaching, lack of player motivation, team selections tactics and in game substitutions I was on about.
    I replied to your 'does anyone else think Fox looks like he's just won a Courier competition' comment, asking what you think he should look like. Nothing negative. I thought you meant his appearance as a few of our managers have had the way they look questioned. Think ADS also mentioned in jest that he should be wearing a cardigan. 😂 You never replied to clear up the misunderstanding.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)