+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome Jim Goodwin

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    JG saying that he has been provided funds to strengthen squad. It’s a bit late in the day with only 10 games to go but none the less promising that MO prepared to do this.
    Total joke situation, too f*cking late Mr Ogren! Horse bolted, ship f*cking sailed!
    Last edited by Arabdownsouth; 16-03-2023 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Total joke situation, too f*cking late Mr Ogren! Horse bolted, ship f*cking sailed!
    Don't you think though ADS, that MO, has never had a finger on the pulse? He trusted folk he was paying well, to look after the club?

You are right tho......... the whole unnecessary situation could have been dealt with ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Agreed. If there's money available now, why wasn't there in January when we could've signed someone half decent. What a shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Agreed. If there's money available now, why wasn't there in January when we could've signed someone half decent. What a shambles.
    Just out of interest, if we had been able to sign someone back in January, and I mean one player only, what would people prefer - goal keeper or goal scorer?

Goalkeeper

Quote Originally Posted by PT_Arab View Post
    Just out of interest, if we had been able to sign someone back in January, and I mean one player only, what would people prefer - goal keeper or goal scorer?
    Why would it have to be just one though? We were screaming out for a lot more than that.

But.......... in a hypothetical world... I would have just asked Benji to come back for a season.

He WAS the difference .............

Bobby Ewing's 'Dream' Return on Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by PT_Arab View Post

It has all been a dream,

Benjamin Siegrist, Jeando Fuchs and Sir Laurence Shankland all play on Saturday

Goalie.

This recruitment team needs to get booted along with all people connected to Asghar Revolution Disaster Limited. I'd like to know if the SFA still thinks after all the shenanigans that have gone on behind the scenes that Ogren still meets the criteria for owning a football club. I have my doubts and with Asghar not filing his accounts to Companies House then we see in DUFC accounts administration costs rocket. Yet they have the cheek to ask the foundation for more funds earlier on in the season. Stinks to high heaven.

I have belief that this group of players can get to 10th. But we have to put the first half performance at Tynecastle together with the second at Livi.
    We waited far too long to change the manager, I just hope that Jim Goodwin can get us more solid and inspire better performances over 90 minutes in the remaining games.

I can't help from here in Spain but the local fans can play a big part by getting right behind the team. A win on Saturday would be massive. So come on United time to reward the loyal fans 🧡

Even when we play well though, we lose, that is no coincidence, it's because we can't keep the opposition out, we don't have the players that can scrap and battle in the middle of the park, the worst goalkeeper in the league by far, and we have no goalscorers in the side, so we're never going to beat anyone 4-3 or win 1-0. Defeats by Killie, Mwell and Aberdeen at home say it all, given how poor these sides have been at the time or how poor their away records have been. Maybe if we can get a result, we can get some confidence, but I just can't see us win enough matches when you see the problems in the team which I really do think is magnified tenfold by our bad keeper. A lot of the poor teams around us aren't any better, but they don't have a marshmallow in goal.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)