+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Back to reality

BFP interesting to see you want to shut down the side of the 'interesting debate', that you don't side with. Hmmm where have I seen that before.

A manager will never play the same eleven all the time it just isnt possible for various reasons.

Players arent always dropped sometimes it could be a tactical switch.

I think its fair say on a ppg basis we have been incredible but in Notts style it is the year we are up against moneybags Wrexham....any other year we go up its that simple.

It certainly begs the question, would there would be any negative comments, if you took Wrexham out of the league this season.

I doubt LW has 'favourites', more like his, 'go to players', and cannot see him 'dropping' players after good performances, resting, being a more apt term, or for tactical reasons, as LW sees it, before hindsight kicks in.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    BFP interesting to see you want to shut down the side of the 'interesting debate', that you don't side with. Hmmm where have I seen that before.
    Genuinely, I have no idea what you’re talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    It certainly begs the question, would there would be any negative comments, if you took Wrexham out of the league this season.

I doubt LW has 'favourites', more like his, 'go to players', and cannot see him 'dropping' players after good performances, resting, being a more apt term, or for tactical reasons, as LW sees it, before hindsight kicks in.
    The answer to your question is no.

LW picks the team and based on how this season has gone so far, I’m happy for him to continue to do so with what he considers best.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    The answer to your question is no.
    Not sure it's that simple.

I've no doubt without Wrexham there would have been games where Notts would not have felt under anything like as much pressure to go for it and win at all costs rather than accept a draw, especially away.
    Could be that the owners wouldn't have felt so inclined to bring in or keep hold of some of our better players if Wrexham had gone up last season.
    Fans wouldn't have been so engaged with a one particular rivalry and the additional excitement and closing of ranks that creates, as well as the fall back when we drop points that we're up against a 'bigger' club which dampens down or keeps in check a lot of the negativity.

Without Wrexham, we may have still been top right now but the points gap between Notts and the other clubs behind us would have been much less.

Interesting thoughts UTM, I agree with your hypothetical prediction. If no Wrexham I believe we would be top, and comfortably top but not have a lead of over 20 points to the next team.

Even if you halved it to say 10 at this stage and doubled our defeats to a huge 4 lol, the negative comments should be at a minimum. The gap would be less but we would be top and all but guaranteed the title and promotion.

But it's NCM after all so I don't think anyone can say there would be no negativity. Negativity is the oxygen NCM needs to stay alive, it's in the acronym.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Interesting thoughts UTM, I agree with your hypothetical prediction. If no Wrexham I believe we would be top, and comfortably top but not have a lead of over 20 points to the next team.

Even if you halved it to say 10 at this stage and doubled our defeats to a huge 4 lol, the negative comments should be at a minimum. The gap would be less but we would be top and all but guaranteed the title and promotion.

But it's NCM after all so I don't think anyone can say there would be no negativity. Negativity is the oxygen NCM needs to stay alive, it's in the acronym.
    I'm reminded of Colin Slater whose tone of voice would suddenly gain pace and express alarm and a greater sense of urgency when the opposition scored, whereas he'd be much more relaxed and matter-of-fact when Notts scored, which led to accusations of him either being more excited when our opponents scored or just plain negative and anti-Notts.

It's just how people are made up and their experience in life I suppose, whichever method of expressing themselves makes it easier for them to cope with what can be a very emotional game.

Perhaps a useful function of this forum is the balance of opinion to keep those of either persuasion from getting too carried away and to maintain a grip on reality.

"Perhaps a useful function of this forum is the balance of opinion to keep those of either persuasion from getting too carried away and to maintain a grip on reality."

That is one of the most apt, accurate and pleasing to read sentences I've ever come across on this message board.

I would only add that it is not only a useful but an important function. Prevent the more extreme views , either way, from getting too out of control due to not highlighting them or calling them out.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast