+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Wrexham 10.04.23 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by bule1 View Post
    Think they are trying to say we are susceptible under pressure, which is a fair point.
    We are a non league side so we aren’t going to be perfect I mean we didn’t play that well but still scored two and should have been three.

Quote Originally Posted by bule1 View Post
    Think they are trying to say we are susceptible under pressure, which is a fair point.
    Can you name a team that isn't? Arsenal were susceptible under pressure in the second half at Liverpool yesterday and they're the best team in the country.

The results and performances show that we're by far the second-best team in the National League. But we have to prove that for the remainder of the season, starting on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    "We need to perform like we have for 95% of the season"

With respect our excellent results have been when we are up against some very poor opposition. Unfortunately that will not be the case (like today) in the playoffs. Notts endless defensive mistakes will be punished.
    I don't get this at all. We have played all the top sides home and away bar Woking (won away as you will remember) and we have only lost once to any of them, which was only hours ago.

Agree with Legs and Slocky

Why were we very lucky against Wrexham (h) and Chesterfield (a)? I think we were far luckier in the game at Woking.

Sounds like you think we will be out in the home semi final Mark?

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Slightly weaker opposition? The league table tells you otherwise.
    Wrexham look highly likely to finish top, so what exactly does the league table tell us that we won't be facing "slightly weaker opposition" in the playoffs? The points total suggests they will be "much weaker opposition".

I estimate our chances of promotion via the playoffs at about 10% - in other words forget it.

What worries me more is what will happen next season, assuming our best players leave, we could be really struggling.
    Who would you put your money on Chesterfield?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    I thought we were good today. Just beaten by a slightly better team who have had £millions pumped into them. Unfortunately that's football.

I feel heartbroken and I'm sure the players do too. But if anything losing, not drawing, today might be a blessing. We now have a few games to prepare mentally for the lottery of the play-offs.
    Just had a read of Wrexham's fan forum. You would think they've just thrashed Barcelona.
    I'll certainly concede:
    1) Overall they deserved the win
    2) For once we had the officials on our side
    3) We also had a fair slice of good fortune
    However, they seem to think Wrexham played fantastically / magnificently / superbly.
    I'd say a more accurate appraisal would be "a little bit better than average".

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Who would you put your money on Chesterfield?
    If I were a gambling man (most definitely not) I'd go for either Chesterfield or Woking.

Mark Roas who has hardly said a word all season and is now talking Horlicks. 10% chance of promotion via the playoffs. If you honestly think that, I’ll have a ton on 8/1… im still giving you margin.

We were very lucky.
    Very lucky getting 100 points? I dont think that is fair or true. As for beating Rectum, all teams have days that go for them and days that dont.

Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast