+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT- Login Issues

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Thanks Derek, that's a recent change as it did originally work.

PS I think Twitter now have the accolade as most difficult company to contact. As a public service who uses them to get alerts out we have had no end of problems with them recently. When our account was disabled for no apparent reason they sent an email with a 'contact us here' link which just took you to a page saying 'Don't contact us here'
    Sounds about right!

I'm having no end of trouble with Sky at the minute. Apologies for the ramble but the following seems to typify the modern day experience of contacting a large company.

I'm not deaf but I have some issues with my hearing and I really struggle with strong accents, especially over the phone. As Sky's customer service centres seem to be somewhere in the Scottish highlands or in an outer suburb of New Delhi, I've always really struggled to converse with them over the phone. This was seemingly solved during "the lockdown years" when they introduced a chat function that customers could access by logging into their online accounts and this worked really well for me.

Fast forward to present day and the chat function exists in theory but has been unavailable for the last month at least. But fear not, they have a Facebook chat function also. So I accessed this through my online Sky account, clicking various links to verify who I am, confirming my full name, DOB, address, postcode, tel number etc. This put me through to a chat bot, which didn't understand the phrase "I want to cancel Sky," so it transferred me to a "human being."

The human then asked me to confirm my full name, DOB, address, postcode, tel number etc, as well as click on a verify link. I did this but then was told I needed to click another link to answer the security question! I did this, answered the question correctly, only to be told I'd got the question wrong! So they sent me another link to another question, which was "Input the last two digits of the bank account you use to pay your Sky Bill." Again, I input the correct numbers, only for the human to tell me that once again I was wrong! I assured the human that Sky quite happily take a substantial amount of cash from that very account every month and that if it was wrong I am VERY sure they'd have kicked up a very large stink in order to receive my subscription money. But no joy, I'd failed twice and therefore the conversation had to be terminated.

So I raised a complaint via their website, and received an email saying I could have access to the online chat function that I'd used back in the good old lockdown days. Provided I registered with the accessibility team. It seemed a bit excessive to have to register with them as deaf to be able to use a chat feature, but what the hell, I clicked the link to fill out the registration form. "Sorry this page has not been found. Did you type in the correct address?"

By this point I gave in and just emailed them, from my Sky email address, which I needed to log into via my account, saying "I'd like to cancel Sky TV please." I got a reply saying they could only proceed if I confirmed my full name, DOB, address, postcode, tel number etc. Oh and the last two digits of the account I use to pay my bill with. I replied with this information and as of this writing I await a response. I'm not optimistic and I am sure the next step will be to actually send a letter in the post to them. Which will no doubt sit unopened in some locked room on an industrial estate on the outskirts of Glasgow for the next ten years.

Anyway if you've read this far I hope you got a bit of a laugh from the story, it feels good to have been able to vent about it!

4-0 Millers tomorrow, Hugill hat trick, Kelly on as sub to relive St Georgies day in front of the home fans

Quote Originally Posted by DerekMiller View Post
    Sounds about right!

I'm having no end of trouble with Sky at the minute. Apologies for the ramble but the following seems to typify the modern day experience of contacting a large company.

I'm not deaf but I have some issues with my hearing and I really struggle with strong accents, especially over the phone. As Sky's customer service centres seem to be somewhere in the Scottish highlands or in an outer suburb of New Delhi, I've always really struggled to converse with them over the phone. This was seemingly solved during "the lockdown years" when they introduced a chat function that customers could access by logging into their online accounts and this worked really well for me.

Fast forward to present day and the chat function exists in theory but has been unavailable for the last month at least. But fear not, they have a Facebook chat function also. So I accessed this through my online Sky account, clicking various links to verify who I am, confirming my full name, DOB, address, postcode, tel number etc. This put me through to a chat bot, which didn't understand the phrase "I want to cancel Sky," so it transferred me to a "human being."

The human then asked me to confirm my full name, DOB, address, postcode, tel number etc, as well as click on a verify link. I did this but then was told I needed to click another link to answer the security question! I did this, answered the question correctly, only to be told I'd got the question wrong! So they sent me another link to another question, which was "Input the last two digits of the bank account you use to pay your Sky Bill." Again, I input the correct numbers, only for the human to tell me that once again I was wrong! I assured the human that Sky quite happily take a substantial amount of cash from that very account every month and that if it was wrong I am VERY sure they'd have kicked up a very large stink in order to receive my subscription money. But no joy, I'd failed twice and therefore the conversation had to be terminated.

So I raised a complaint via their website, and received an email saying I could have access to the online chat function that I'd used back in the good old lockdown days. Provided I registered with the accessibility team. It seemed a bit excessive to have to register with them as deaf to be able to use a chat feature, but what the hell, I clicked the link to fill out the registration form. "Sorry this page has not been found. Did you type in the correct address?"

By this point I gave in and just emailed them, from my Sky email address, which I needed to log into via my account, saying "I'd like to cancel Sky TV please." I got a reply saying they could only proceed if I confirmed my full name, DOB, address, postcode, tel number etc. Oh and the last two digits of the account I use to pay my bill with. I replied with this information and as of this writing I await a response. I'm not optimistic and I am sure the next step will be to actually send a letter in the post to them. Which will no doubt sit unopened in some locked room on an industrial estate on the outskirts of Glasgow for the next ten years.

Anyway if you've read this far I hope you got a bit of a laugh from the story, it feels good to have been able to vent about it!

4-0 Millers tomorrow, Hugill hat trick, Kelly on as sub to relive St Georgies day in front of the home fans
    That sounds a proper nightmare, Derek. I’m having real difficulties with Thames Water who have taken £955 out of my bank account that they have no right to and I’m struggling to get back. Yours sounds even more Kafka-esque, though…

…anyway, welcome back!

Quote Originally Posted by DerekMiller View Post
    Sounds about right!

Many years ago I decided to dump Sky. I simply cancelled my direct debit. It’s amazing how quickly they contacted me. They even offered me 3 months at half price to get me to change my mind. I declined the offer saying it was not even worth half price. That was the end of the matter.

Frank Casper has the same problem, can't log-on to Millers-Mad, I think he's given it up as a lost cause.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    That sounds a proper nightmare, Derek. I’m having real difficulties with Thames Water who have taken £955 out of my bank account that they have no right to and I’m struggling to get back. Yours sounds even more Kafka-esque, though…

…anyway, welcome back!
    Thank you it's good to be able to post again. I'll be setting off for the Boro game in 20 mins and feeling nervous!

I'm intrigued by the Thames Water story, thats a lot of your money they've helped themselves to!

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Frank Casper has the same problem, can't log-on to Millers-Mad, I think he's given it up as a lost cause.
    My advice to Frank would be to try what I've done. Create a new email account, gmail is usually a pretty painless process. Then register a new Footymad account using the new email and by going through the usual process, create name, new password etc.

When thats done a message will display saying that a verification link has been sent to the email address in oder to complete registration. That email will never arrive, so it'll seem like the new account isn't verified. However I just input the account details into the login screen and it worked. So hopefully Frank will be able to do the same

Also I have Noticed when I try and an edit a post as soon as you tap on screen the post then disappears..I assume there some conflict with a delete post function and an edit post function..

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    Also I have Noticed when I try and an edit a post as soon as you tap on screen the post then disappears..I assume there some conflict with a delete post function and an edit post function..
    There is a 'bug' when trying to do it on the phone but works fine on a PC. Frustrating as hell as a moderator when you can't edit posts and equally as frustrating to posters who type in a long post on the phone then spot a typo and try to correct it and lose their original post. I can see those posts that were deleted due to the 'bug' and often resurrect them if the poster hasn't already reposted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12