+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: St Johnstone (a) 6th May

Quote Originally Posted by An old shed boy View Post
    Agree about Halberg. Should have been booked.
    Do you think Mulgrew arguing would have made the referee change his mind.
    Can’t be certain, but the instant acceptance, and him basically heading straight for the tunnel presumably help make the VAR referees mind up. The Farmers’ players were surrounding the referee at any opportunity, and always have.

Halliday’s reaction to the Edwards tackle v Hearts definitely seemed to influence the referee
    (The ref never even spotted that as a foul).

No United player went mental at Curtis Main for his dive against St.Mirren as well.

The players are Not street-wise enough, or (possibly) don’t care enough.

I don't think it would have made any difference tbh. Mulgrew and our players did surround the ref, but the ref was in no doubt about his decison. Mulgrew hung around and waited on VAR, but even then, it was one of the shortest VAR decison I've seen. They were obviously in no doubt about the decison either.

[QUOTE=tHeArAb;40275021]Mulgrew didn't cover himself in glory at all yesterday. Poor at the goal as you say and a terrible decison with the red card. Ayina was 15 yards behind the challenge. He wasn't getting the ball. That leaves Hallberg with a clean run on goal, albeit from an angle, but he'd still have got the shot off. Thought it was a red at the time, and do even more so
    Got to agree it was sending off , was sat at front right where it happened and after his tackle the guy was up before him and would have been in on goal even if it was from the side but Mulgrew lifted his other leg and brought him down so no complaints from me apart from the p***k waving imaginary card towards ref

I think Mulgrew taking the red, may well have saved Poppadom from taking a red in a one v one..which would possibly damage us more in the long run! ( I can't believe I am actually saying that!)

Lets face it, did anybody really think we’d do survival any other way than the hard way??

We simply MUST beat Ross County & Killie at home, to have a decent chance of survival, and if we can’t do that, then we can’t have any complaints about where we end up, simples!

Livi to draw with Killies, a tangerine win and SJ to lose next weekend.

Just watched the red card. Absolutely no way is that a red. Are we really trying to say that's a clear goal scoring opportunity? He's on the wing FFS. Deliberate foul, no doubt but a red card?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Just watched the red card. Absolutely no way is that a red. Are we really trying to say that's a clear goal scoring opportunity? He's on the wing FFS. Deliberate foul, no doubt but a red card?
    He'd get the shot away. 100%. So it has to be a red, no? Not a chance Ayina is making that ground up either.

It's the word "clear" that always confuses the issue for me. Would he have got a chance of a shot? probably. Would it be a "clear goal scoring opportunity" ?? I doubt it. It would have been a half-chance at best if CM had just jockeyed as far as his legs would let him and Pops had narrowed the angle. The player might have checked and went inside giving him a clear opportunity, we will never know.

Diving in, then raising the leg to stop any further progress is not what I expect from a seasoned pro in that particular situation.

All opinions obviously, but..... I would have expected that from KF not CM (sorry Sheep)

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    It's the word "clear" that always confuses the issue for me. Would he have got a chance of a shot? probably. Would it be a "clear goal scoring opportunity" ?? I doubt it. It would have been a half-chance at best if CM had just jockeyed as far as his legs would let him and Pops had narrowed the angle. The player might have checked and went inside giving him a clear opportunity, we will never know.

Diving in, then raising the leg to stop any further progress is not what I expect from a seasoned pro in that particular situation.

All opinions obviously, but..... I would have expected that from KF not CM (sorry Sheep)
    Yeah. A goalscoring opportunity could simply be a one on one vs the keeper from any angle. A clear goal scoring opportunity could be an empty net. Big grey areas as there seems to be in many footballing laws.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)