+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Castro

It will be interesting to see at which level he ends up. He scored a few terrific goals for us, but I remember him being a bit lightweight in the one home game where I saw him start (Altrincham?).

I think without his goal at York, he would have been a distant memory now. He is definitely flamboyant, (see goal celebration at York) and could be exciting to watch, but to me he didn't seem the kind to put the hard yards in, loanee or not.

I still voted his ridiculous free kick at York as the goal of the season

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    I think without his goal at York, he would have been a distant memory now. He is definitely flamboyant, (see goal celebration at York) and could be exciting to watch, but to me he didn't seem the kind to put the hard yards in, loanee or not.
    He had a cracking long shot on him. He would have been ideal to have on the bench for the last 30 mins when we struggled to make a breakthrough with a long shot. Obviously wanted more game time and all the best to him for that

Maybe he's a bit like Stefan Oakes was, in that he can score long range goals but very lightweight and simply won't put a tackle in.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    He had a cracking long shot on him. He would have been ideal to have on the bench for the last 30 mins when we struggled to make a breakthrough with a long shot. Obviously wanted more game time and all the best to him for that
    This! I think one of the reasons I liked him so much was because he was so prepared to shoot. We were brilliant for 95% of last season. But during the other 5% (which includes most of both the play-off matches) my main frustration was how few shots we took compared to how much possession we had. Both goals in that final against Chesterfield proved that you didn't always need a great shot to score.

Quote Originally Posted by ivansneck View Post
    My view exactly
    Me too.

I think a lot are misremembering his quality. He was strong in the tackle and won the ball quite a bit. Could easily go past the opposing players. I'd happily have him back.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234