+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 23-24

For me we had the right blend under Courts then started to weaken progressively from Jan 2022 onwards starting with Fuchs, Kerr Smith, Appere, etc then Butch etc etc

I'd rather we played sh*t and won than played beautiful silky football and lost. Points make prizes!

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I understand that folk want to see attractive football. Personally, I take results over that any day of the week and seeing what I've watched this season enforces that. But of course, each to their own.
    Those results you crave this season, 8 wins and 7 draws so far have got us relegated barring a miracle!

I dont think you understand at all. Results dont appear just by magic, and if you answered my questions and thought about it, you would see that finding a better standard of football than the next team is what gets results. 8 seasons where we consistently played quite well we finish 5th/5th/3rd/4th/4th/6th/4th/5th.

Playing at times eye bleedingly bad football got us relegated, kept us doon for 4 seasons, and has gotten us right back to square 1 barring a miracle! Ive been banging on about that for 8 seasons as 12th and relegated/3rd/3rd/2nd/Champs/
    9th/lucky 4th/12th and likely relegated reinforces that!

Dont understand why anyone who watched JYMs United or knows his story doesnt get that!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Those results you crave this season, 8 wins and 7 draws so far have got us relegated barring a miracle!

I dont think you understand at all. Results dont appear just by magic, and if you answered my questions and thought about it, you would see that finding a better standard of football than the next team is what gets results. 8 seasons where we consistently played quite well we finish 5th/5th/3rd/4th/4th/6th/4th/5th.

Playing at times eye bleedingly bad football got us relegated, kept us doon for 4 seasons, and has gotten us right back to square 1 barring a miracle! Ive been banging on about that for 8 seasons as 12th and relegated/3rd/3rd/2nd/Champs/

Dont understand why anyone who watched JYMs United or knows his story doesnt get that!
    Don't forget, before that decent spell of high place finishes we went several seasons bumping along lower half with one near miss and, for years before, going back to the millennium, seasons where we finished in the bottom quarter, often only winning 3-5 home games all season.

Of 23 seasons this century, the years you listed are the only decent ones we've had.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post

So was the football OK last season or not because we finished 4th? Which does kind of contradict your logic if, as people say, the football was that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    For me we had the right blend under Courts then started to weaken progressively from Jan 2022 onwards starting with Fuchs, Kerr Smith, Appere, etc then Butch etc etc
    Fuchs is available

Guy in The Herald writes a good piece on our **** show if a season , points finger at Ogren and Asghar , handling of January window which effectively sealed our fate , poor goalie position , no replacement for Watt etc , nails it

Quote Originally Posted by ianharab View Post
    Guy in The Herald writes a good piece on our **** show if a season , points finger at Ogren and Asghar , handling of January window which effectively sealed our fate , poor goalie position , no replacement for Watt etc , nails it
    Pretty much any one of us could have written the same article, it was that blatantly obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by ianharab View Post
    I read that. Good article. But... pre Goodwin the coverage of United in the Herald was non-existant. I stopped reading it as they never covered us, pre or post match.

It's worth saying, as good as the article is, anyone with even half an eye on Scottosh fitba knew what happened at United this season.

There was no heat at all on the backroom and the outcome now results in articles and headlines all about our demise.

That's why I don't read print media much at all now. They are generally sh!te.

Arabdownsouth , having seen some of the comments on various United forums you wouldn’t think so , some guy was adamant it was all Goodwins fault , another going mad cause we weren’t challenging for top 6 , unbelievable

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)