+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 897 of 954 FirstFirst ... 397797847887895896897898899907947 ... LastLast
Results 8,961 to 8,970 of 9536

Thread: Today's Diddy Games

U irons

C'mon Inter.

Kick the bástards aff the park.

It doesn't really count when City win anything. It just proves that if you chuck enough money at a random football club, they can win everything.

They're not really Man City any more, 25 years ago they were in the third division, that was the real Man city.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    It doesn't really count when City win anything. It just proves that if you chuck enough money at a random football club, they can win everything.

They're not really Man City any more, 25 years ago they were in the third division, that was the real Man city.
    To a point yes, but to build the squad and keep winning, regardless how much money is spent, still requires a degree of skill from a manager to pull it all together.

I worked with a City fan years ago who went back home to Manchester for their season in the third division, as he was looking forward to all the games against clubs near Manchester such as Stockport, Oldham and Bury.

I often wonder if he still has the same enthusiasm for his team in their moneyed state.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    To a point yes, but to build the squad and keep winning, regardless how much money is spent, still requires a degree of skill from a manager to pull it all together.

I worked with a City fan years ago who went back home to Manchester for their season in the third division, as he was looking forward to all the games against clubs near Manchester such as Stockport, Oldham and Bury.

I often wonder if he still has the same enthusiasm for his team in their moneyed state.
    But Abu Dhabi could have bought any club , thrown a load of money at it and won everything. How skillful the manager is is a lot less important when there is an unlimited amount of money.

And don't forget the 115 charges of financial jiggery pokery from the premier league which the BT commentators didn't mention once.
    Last edited by Jupiter; 10-06-2023 at 09:10 PM.

[QUOTE=Jupiter;40296948]It doesn't really count when City win anything. It just proves that if you chuck enough money at a random football club, they can win everything.

They're not really Man City any more, 25 years ago they were in the third division, that was the real Man city.[/QUOTE

Plucky, little 3rd Division Man City...they've now won 2 European trophies just like another fitba team I could mention!

[QUOTE=dons8321;40297108]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post

They're not really Man City any more, 25 years ago they were in the third division, that was the real Man city.[/QUOTE

Plucky, little 3rd Division Man City...they've now won 2 European trophies just like another fitba team I could mention!
    Eerrŕ, did you mean won or did you really mean bought, unlike another fitba team?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post

I always had a soft spot for them & went to watch them a few times. It’s a different club altogether now.

There must be thousands of City fans out there who preferred them when they were shyte. When they’re old and they start to lose their marbles, they’ll remember Paul Power, the Main Rd Massacre, Lake, White & Dickov over anyone that played tonight

Quote Originally Posted by 89Mason View Post
    I always had a soft spot for them & went to watch them a few times. It’s a different club altogether now.

There must be thousands of City fans out there who preferred them when they were shyte. When they’re old and they start to lose
    their marbles, they’ll remember Paul Power, the Main Rd Massacre, Lake, White & Dickov over anyone that played tonight
    My next door neighbour, in worryingly bad health just now, is older than me and has supported Manchester City since he was a kid. Our discussions about them centre on Corrigan, Book, Summerbee, Bell, Young, Lee, and their contemporaries in that late 60s/70s cohort. He still has a season ticket at what I always call Maine Road, and travels down a number of times during the season. Apparently there’s an Aberdeen-based supporters’ club (FFS). His poor health prevented him from going to Wembley last week, and to Turkey yesterday. I’m happy for him, and for the gas fitter boy along the street who’s also a long-standing Manchester City fan, but as my mantra spells out, if it’s nae the Dons or Keith, I don’t really give a fûck.

Detest Man City. 40 years ago you would never see anyone in one of their shirts, now their fans are neartly all glory hunters. Just like the two cheeks. They only have won things because they have broken the very loose rules of FFP and probably won't have any real sanctions on them, just like the huns.The only positive about them is Pep as he is a great manager but would he have gone there without the financial cheating? I can only hope the Abu Dhabi economy crashes and let's just see where the .millions of Citey fans go next as they go into administration

Page 897 of 954 FirstFirst ... 397797847887895896897898899907947 ... LastLast