+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 115 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1861

Thread: Official Jim Goodwin rebuild thread

In all the chat here about Jim Goodwin, one thing hasn't been flagged: he was announced as manager - I think - after the first post split defeat?

For me, the players were and will always be front and centre of last season's apocalypse.

They downed tools several times in the season, jncluding post split.

It's all history now, though.

I was sceptical of Goodwin at first, now I think he might have the steel needed to build a team - if not the budget... we'll see.

But that squad last season... infamous.

When a manager has to give a team a mini pre season with ten games left should tell you all you need to know , lack of heart , desire , will to win is what cost us the last 5 games as well as the old mistakes creeping back , the aforementioned had to come from the players . It was obvious to all by October we were either going down or be very close to it , plenty people advised Goodwin not to take the job is it any wonder why ?? . All iam saying is he needs time to sort out a **** show he inherited, you can’t be changing managers every season and hope to be successful

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    It's like I said already, if he gets credit for inspiring the team to 3 straight wins why wasn't he able to continue picking up points? His job is to get the best out of what he has, many managers have done the same with poor squads before. As I've said, I remain to be convinced but of course I hope to be wrong.
    Someone will remember better than me, but did Poppadom not have a run of games where he didn't make any howlers? Was that not when we won some games before he and Mulgrew started their calamity Jane efforts in the final run of games?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    Someone will remember better than me, but did Poppadom not have a run of games where he didn't make any howlers? Was that not when we won some games before he and Mulgrew started their calamity Jane efforts in the final run of games?
    He did. Half a dozen games or so, after the World Cup break.

For those who were unhappy at the way he jumped ship without acknowledging the fans.
    Name:  Screenshot_20230715_091220.jpg
Views: 777
Size:  98.0 KB

Striker search narrowed down to three players with a signing hopeful next week.

Apologies if already posted on here.

Popadom and Mulgrew ‘asked’ to find new clubs…

Neither allocated a squad number for the new season…

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...W&opi=89978449

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/spor...ulgrew-united/
    Last edited by Shedboy_Shimmy; 15-07-2023 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Striker search narrowed down to three players with a signing hopeful next week.
    🤞

He did. Half a dozen games or so, after the World Cup break.
    Long before Jim's reign then

For those who were unhappy at the way he jumped ship without acknowledging the fans.
    Name:  Screenshot_20230715_091220.jpg
Views: 777
Size:  98.0 KB
    For me @ryanedwards5 summed it up best….

Page 115 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)