+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are We Stronger?

Billy Sharp is now being linked to LA Galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    No.

In goal yes but this is the weakest squad we've started a league season with since 2012.

There are some proper stars in the team in the viking and Rathbone, maybe Kelly but that's it now.

When we first came up our star signing was Matt Derbyshire. He was a proven championship player with a great record and contributed plenty.

Our up front signing this year? Andre Green, a prospect who is no longer a prospect and came all the way from Eastern European football to us. Oh and is instantly injured.
    Cafu is absolute quality. You can’t ignore him.
    He would get in any team since 2012 imo

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    Cafu is absolute quality. You can’t ignore him.
    He would get in any team since 2012 imo
    Actually, yes, Cafu is the exception. But am I wrong? I am, sadly, not so sure.

Well, Mr Taylor thinks we are looking weak/thin. Can't even fill the subs' bench. Can't see us winning 4-0 tomorrow. 3-0?

Just to add to the debate, the subs for the first game of last season were:
    Vickers
    Bramall
    Kioso
    McCart
    High
    Odoffin
    Kelly

Does anyone still seriously think we are stronger at the same stage this season?
    Oh, and last season we got 14 points from the first 10 games which was a significant factor in staying up.......does that seem likely this season? 🤔.

To add balance Mellow.
    Our start this year is a lot more difficult. The league this year looks a lot stronger.
    I know you want to prove Warne is better which is fine if that’s your opinion but context is needed.

No we are not stronger we do not have enough pace and no natural goalscorer, our squad is very poor at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    To add balance Mellow.
    Our start this year is a lot more difficult. The league this year looks a lot stronger.
    I know you want to prove Warne is better which is fine if that’s your opinion but context is needed.
    I'm not sure why you have this obsession about what I think about Paul Warne.
    Personally I was quite happy when he left because I considered he had taken us as far as he could and I thought we needed a change, and possibly a new outlook.
    I won't be surprised if Derby quickly lose patience with Warne if things don't pick up there.
    My concern is that this is MT's second transfer window and, at this stage of the new season, it seems to me that our squad is no stronger (arguably its weaker) than the one he inherited.
    Apparently he's had better financial backing than any previous manager so in my opinion he needs to get off to a good start or the natives will soon get restless.

You can play it how you want, butter it up to feel better.

The fact is when we let barlaser go we lost our playmaker and never replaced him.

We will go down this year, bring back Ken booth at least we knew where we stood. He also saved the club and got us to stay in the championship on no promises.

Warney's gone! We're stronger. Take Eaves Bola etc... with him be even more so.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast