+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Steve Evans

Steve Evans

I’ve just noticed that Stevenage are joint top of League One who are managed by Steve Evans,one of the most odious people on football I’ve yet to hear about,I can remember him leaving Mansfield because he wanted to work in China only to be announced as Peterborough’s manager the next day,then there’s the tax stuff and god knows how many times he’s been warned about his abusive language towards people and officials over the years,just think of the amount of stuff that we don’t know about,love him or loath him he seems to get the best out of players though

I've chatted to Steve Evans ever since he was manager of Boston United. He tends to come out pitchside a couple of hours before kick-off and check the pitch and mooch around until it's time for his teamtalk. He is always charming, knowledgeable, and normally quite funny.

He then disappears and comes back at ko time having turned into the incredible Hulk. This lasts until after the final whistle and sometimes longer depending on the result.

There are loads of stories about his activities off the pitch but certainly not the worst Manager to come to Brunton Park last season and seems to have the knack of opening owner's pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post

There are loads of stories about his activities off the pitch but certainly not the worst Manager to come to Brunton Park last season
    Worst than Evans,pray tell bumble

I couldn't possibly comment but one in particular I'm happy to leave in League 2

Come on Bumble, give us the bantem. Sorry, banter.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)