+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- England women

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Agreed

Chloe Kelly has made a difference - all set up for James to equalise in 96!

Ref very lenient to Spain I think
    Make that 103!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    Although Spain have been the better side England have been on the end of some pretty poor ref decisions.
    13 minutes of time added on. Clearly the referee agrees about the time-wasting!

England look knackered.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Apart from the pen save, Eng have been pretty abysmal..............
    Agreed-kick and hope has been the main tactics

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I think that's harsh. England have had good spells of play including hitting the bar, but Spain look technically better with the ball which gives them the advantage with possession, which in turn makes the other team look anxious and less in control. Similar to the tactics Notts use actually!
    Admittedly, I didn't see the 1st half as I was on dog walking duties, but how many chances did they create in the 2nd half, 1? The highlight was the pen save. Eng were sloppy in possession and wildly inaccurate with their passing. Their main tactic seemed to be to lump it to no-one. I'll stick with abysmal, worst I've seen them play in a long time.

Better team won. 1-0 flattered England

Maybe we are too nice? Amazing how many of their players were 'hurt' by tackles, but ours weren't. They played the ref well and should have played the last 15 mins with 10.

That said, they were the better side overall. Feel very disappointed for England though.

England were awful I'm afraid. Lucy Bronze dreadful. Mary Earps stopped it being a spanking.
    Credit to Spain though I thought they were excellent, tactically miles ahead of England today.

1966 1 - 0 2023

Quote Originally Posted by macse15 View Post
    Better team won. 1-0 flattered England
    No doubt Spain were the better team, but that's exactly why I think the 'abysmal' description is hard on England. The quality of the Spanish team in possession makes other teams look worse than they would against other opposition. Many a good team has looked poor against Manchester City, for example, and that's because Pep's teams are so outstanding at winning the ball and controlling games. The good news from a Notts viewpoint is that's what Luke Williams is trying to create as our identity, with considerable success to date. Many otherwise decent National League teams looked poor when they played us. I hope it continues this season.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast