+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 145 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1471

Thread: Close season transfer targets and possible departures...

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    i know this is not a Notts transfer target but I see rectum are after this guy "Wrexham make second bid for Wycombe Wanderers forward Brandon Hanlan" does anyone know if he's any good ?
    Supposed 300k for Hanlan. Madness to spend that on a player who wouldn't get near the team when Mullin is fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ_OTF View Post
    Supposed 300k for Hanlan. Madness to spend that on a player who wouldn't get near the team when Mullin is fit.
    Screams of a last-minute panic to get anyone in. Clubs know they have money to burn, so they'll hold out for inflated fees.

Their recruitment has been very odd this summer. I wonder how much the US tour got in the way of proper planning.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Screams of a last-minute panic to get anyone in. Clubs know they have money to burn, so they'll hold out for inflated fees.

Their recruitment has been very odd this summer. I wonder how much the US tour got in the way of proper planning.
    I hope we won't be lumped in with Wrexham and we too are quoted ridiculous things.

I saw one of two things over the summer which referred to big spending teams in L2 where we are bracketed together with Wrexham.

The US trip was profiteering and marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    I hope we won't be lumped in with Wrexham and we too are quoted ridiculous things.

I saw one of two things over the summer which referred to big spending teams in L2 where we are bracketed together with Wrexham.

Ridiculous figures!

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post

We will be nowhere near them but I imagine we must have a top 8 budget, possibly top 5? obviously ours unlike there's goes mainly on wages apart from the odd small fee here and there.

Looks like LW will be eating Pizza tonight after saying he doubt he would be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    i know this is not a Notts transfer target but I see rectum are after this guy "Wrexham make second bid for Wycombe Wanderers forward Brandon Hanlan" does anyone know if he's any good ?
    He's scored 3 in 39...

Quote Originally Posted by Russ_OTF View Post
    His stats aren't particularly impressive. 47goals in 266 apps, still they must know what they're doing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Hanlan

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    We will be nowhere near them but I imagine we must have a top 8 budget, possibly top 5? obviously ours unlike there's goes mainly on wages apart from the odd small fee here and there.

Looks like LW will be eating Pizza tonight after saying he doubt he would be doing.
    Yeah, we'll be nowhere near Wrexham in terms of spending. They spend big on transfer fees, sign-on fees, and wages. Ollie Palmer apparently cost £300k and had a six-figure sign-on fee tacked on. I guess they are raking it in unlike any other team at this level, but they don't seem to be spending it all that wisely.

No idea where we are in relation to other clubs in L2. I'd guess top ten, maybe top eight sounds about right. Off the top of my head, clubs that will have a bigger budget than us include Wrexham, Stockport, Salford, MKDons, Mansfield, Bradford, Gillingham, and maybe Swindon. Might have missed a few obvious ones there.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Yeah, we'll be nowhere near Wrexham in terms of spending. They spend big on transfer fees, sign-on fees, and wages. Ollie Palmer apparently cost £300k and had a six-figure sign-on fee tacked on. I guess they are raking it in unlike any other team at this level, but they don't seem to be spending it all that wisely.

No idea where we are in relation to other clubs in L2. I'd guess top ten, maybe top eight sounds about right. Off the top of my head, clubs that will have a bigger budget than us include Wrexham, Stockport, Salford, MKDons, Mansfield, Bradford, Gillingham, and maybe Swindon. Might have missed a few obvious ones there.
    Yes and he wasn’t the only big transfer fee they’ve had in the last year or so.
    Hard to say on those clubs where they are financially, we could be easily 8th or maybe 3rd or 4th depending where these clubs are at.

Apparently they’re signing Ellis Harrison from Vale and George Evans from Millwall. Neither will come cheap

Page 145 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147 ... LastLast