+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Administration or Lai

Administration or Lai

Which option would you prefer. If it were administration it would be obvious someone would buy the club from the administrator even if it were a fans buy out.

For me if it were league 1 with no Lai and the rats left ( s hit players on large wages ) then I would be happy with league 1 with more hungry young players giving it 100%.

If we went up we would immediately come down so sick of the Premier and money that’s ruining football!

Clearly Lai does not give a f uck about the supporters so why would anyone give a f uck about him if he was gasping for his last breath

Lg1 for me, rebuilding with young and hungry players for a better future

It’s like being asked how would you like to be killed..seriously think it’s a matter of when and not if we will be sold. Of course we want it to be tomorrow but going to take time. As others have said I’d be amazed if a potential new owners haven’t been in touch with our hierarchy..hopefully news isn’t too far away. .fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by boinggazmic View Post
    It’s like being asked how would you like to be killed..seriously think it’s a matter of when and not if we will be sold. Of course we want it to be tomorrow but going to take time. As others have said I’d be amazed if a potential new owners haven’t been in touch with our hierarchy..hopefully news isn’t too far away. .fingers crossed

Can’t see it otherwise there would be a buyer! Lai will be asking over the odds - purchase price - picking up all the loans too. There is no saleable assets either as not one player is Premier material and we are a mid table championship side. So on this basis who would be stupid enough to buy us unless it around 50 million and loans written off?

Can’t see anything other than administration and hopefully a phoenix rise from the ashes.

The annoying thing about this is that if you’re the right owner with a good business plan a club like ours, even at £100m if you include the debt, is still a massive opportunity.

If I was worth a billion or more I’d look upon West Brom as being a really good acquisition.

A stadium that could be developed into a 35,000 capacity that would sell out in the Premier League for starters.

It’s the ethos and business model that has to be right.

Fans need to get over this “love for the club” type mantra for any owner, as long as they are open from the start and lay out a Brentford ( Moneyball ) type plan or the Brighton philosophy I have no issue.

Who cares if we sell a player for £115m to Chelsea if we then buy the next young cab off the tank for £15m or more!

I have no issue with an owner making a big profit as long as the plan is a clear one.

£60m or more for a club of our size and stature is a snip, people in London are paying that much for a house!

It’s a snip to those who have the wealth.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    The annoying thing about this is that if you’re the right owner with a good business plan a club like ours, even at £100m if you include the debt, is still a massive opportunity.

If I was worth a billion or more I’d look upon West Brom as being a really good acquisition.

A stadium that could be developed into a 35,000 capacity that would sell out in the Premier League for starters.

It’s the ethos and business model that has to be right.

Fans need to get over this “love for the club” type mantra for any owner, as long as they are open from the start and lay out a Brentford ( Moneyball ) type plan or the Brighton philosophy I have no issue.

Who cares if we sell a player for £115m to Chelsea if we then buy the next young cab off the tank for £15m or more!

I have no issue with an owner making a big profit as long as the plan is a clear one.

£60m or more for a club of our size and stature is a snip, people in London are paying that much for a house!

It’s a snip to those who have the wealth.

Totally agree Mick! Invest in the stadium and the management team ie an Ashworth type with a damn good salary and built in incentives!

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    Lg1 for me, rebuilding with young and hungry players for a better future
    We have 10 players out of contract next summer so that could happen if we don't go into Administration anyway, IMO everyone knows we are in trouble and any prospective buyers will wait until the end of the season to see if we are already in Administration or about to go into administration so they can buy the club for the lowest price.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)