+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread v Colchester 30.09.23 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Pity that Darwen couldn't stay the course.
    The team was still evolving, to be fair

Not a criticism, just an observation but last season teams didn't attack us, they just wanted to keep the score down and the one's that did attack us caused us problems. This season it will be different as you can already see by our goals against column. Something l think Luke is aware of, hope he has the answer. Also our goalkeeper is probably not the right man for the team, maybe Sam should be given a chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    We were top in late August, but bottom half in January.
    Bit of a strange division League 2, teams can move up and down it very quickly. Mansfield were an example of that 2 seasons ago when they were in or flirting with relegation places in october, and reached play offs

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    The team was still evolving, to be fair
    Well, I thought LW went with the natural selection today, and still we lost

Quote Originally Posted by Iremongersrighthand View Post
    Not a criticism, just an observation but last season teams didn't attack us, they just wanted to keep the score down and the one's that did attack us caused us problems. This season it will be different as you can already see by our goals against column. Something l think Luke is aware of, hope he has the answer. Also our goalkeeper is probably not the right man for the team, maybe Sam should be given a chance?
    I think his 90 mins against Wolves' kids should have put that to bed.

Just watched the hightlights and one thing that stood out was Cameron being so easy to get past for two goals and then throwing himself to the ground hoping for a penalty!!! Stone played a good ball to Baldwin who had a chance to play it up field and he decided to play it back to Stone. I don't think Stone was expecting it to come back to him so he tried a forward pass rather than the simpler sideways one. Then the space given to Colchester around the D was absolutely criminal!!!

I fear for Tuesday against a Swindon team that's scores loads and conceeds few. Also the Mansfield game who like Swindon are unbeaten.

Quote Originally Posted by Iremongersrighthand View Post
    I'm not convinced by Stone. He's definitely not an upgrade on Slocombe, a sideways step at best. I'm hoping he comes good, but...

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Great game to watch, but the result is very frustrating.

Stone and the back 3 were let down by some poor performances in front of them.
    We can't afford non-performances in any position. Nemane was poor, at least JJ puts it right with a much better 2nd half.

The other problem right from the start was CM where Austin just didn't know how to play there. Bostock seemed off it as well when he came on. This is a squad problem, we don't have enough depth for CM.
    Come on….seriously? We all know you have a soft spot for Baldwin and Cameron but you think the CM let the defence and GK down today?

1st goal - GK error
    2nd goal - free kick given away by Baldwin
    3rd - goal - Poor defending again by Jones and Cameron let their player in
    4th goal - Baldwin playing them in under no pressure
    5th goal - No closing down on player by defence.

I’m a bit baffled how you can’t see the defence was the massive problem today.

Quote Originally Posted by Little15 View Post
    I think his 90 mins against Wolves' kids should have put that to bed.
    True. We replaced a very average keeper with another very average keeper. We really made a ricket there. But, to be fair, we haven't made many under the Broz. Hopefully it's something we can put right later in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Come on….seriously? We all know you have a soft spot for Baldwin and Cameron but you think the CM let the defence and GK down today?

1st goal - GK error
    2nd goal - free kick given away by Baldwin
    3rd - goal - Poor defending again by Jones and Cameron let their player in
    4th goal - Baldwin playing them in under no pressure
    5th goal - No closing down on player by defence.

I’m a bit baffled how you can’t see the defence was the massive problem today.
    I really didn't think the 2nd goal was a foul by Baldwin. Looked like he took the ball fairly and even their player looked surprised.

Bur, as I said in a previous post, on another day, their long range efforts go into row Z. Just one of those days for them.

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast