+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Raith (A)

Big month Oct, always looked difficult on paper, Raith away on plastic, free scoring Partick away, Arbroath at home who are in fine form especially away from home with the added incentive feeling aggrieved at the change to Friday night and Airdrie away on the plastic midweek who like Raith have 100% home record

We will drop pts but if we come out of it sitting top then we will be in good shape

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    So far......

We've not had Docherty and Sibbald playing together regularly

Our middle to front players have been swapped around consistently.

We haven't fired up at times.

We've been unlucky with red cards.

But we're sitting TOP 🥳
    And I'm really enjoying the way we play which is something I haven't been able to say for a long time.

Saturday may be our toughest test yet but if we can win that ......
    By far the 2 best performances were with Docherty and Sibbald in place so we need them to stay fit, or do we? Gets more encouraging by the week that a potential problem comes along and someone steps up to plug it. Tilson is an able deputy to the midfield duo, Watt and Moult now create a headache for JG, and Kai, Cudjoe, Mochrie, Meekieson and Stirton are only going to get better.

Next 2 games are without doubt the biggest test, and i think our squad may be returning to full strength at exactly the right time.

Be interesting to see team Saturday , Moult and Cudjoe back , who , if anyone , drops out , good headache for Goodwin

Quote Originally Posted by ianharab View Post
    Be interesting to see team Saturday , Moult and Cudjoe back , who , if anyone , drops out , good headache for Goodwin
    I'm thinking Moult won't play Saturday but Cudjoe hasn't earned the right to walk straight back into the starting 11, he's been hot and cold. Surface might suit his game though. (See both will start now!)

Moult has had a serious ACL injury. He is just coming back from hamstring or groin strain

Moult didn’t play v Falkirk in LC and I wonder if that was due to plastic

If I was risking moult at all on Saturday I would think it would be from bench

Thankfully Watt has done enough to merit starting.

I actually wouldn’t change anything from Saturday.

Moult and Cudjoe can be available from the bench

Millen has to be targeted at right back. Concedes an amount of frees and has shipped 4 yellow cards already this season.

Hopefully Middleton is on a high and his good form continues.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Big month Oct, always looked difficult on paper, Raith away on plastic, free scoring Partick away, Arbroath at home who are in fine form especially away from home with the added incentive feeling aggrieved at the change to Friday night and Airdrie away on the plastic midweek who like Raith have 100% home record

We will drop pts but if we come out of it sitting top then we will be in good shape
    Hear you Shedka, not the best month. 4 away games incl the SPFL Trust Trophy which is at least on grass. As you point out two of the league games are on synthetic. Only home game is a Friday nighter at the end of the month. We can look forward to the first Saturday in November though when Big Dunc's in town.

I find it incredible that we have to think about dropping players due to plastic pitches. That alone should be enough to start a campaign against they ****ing horrible cheating bastirt surfaces.

Quote Originally Posted by bannon_ftd_83 View Post
    I find it incredible that we have to think about dropping players due to plastic pitches. That alone should be enough to start a campaign against they ****ing horrible cheating bastirt surfaces.
    17 of the 42 SPFL clubs play on synthetic pitches. That's 40%.
    To outlaw them requires a 75% vote from the 30 clubs in the 3 lower leagues and with 15 of these 30 having synthetic pitches it's not going to happen as things stand.

At very least needs scrapped in the top flight, absolute farce, always has been

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)